Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the Inventory cars that I was offered had been in a reasonably sized accident ( more than $10K damage). The Owner Advisor that I was working with let me know about it though (really open and clear about it which I appreciated), and I decided not to proceed. Was a bit of a surprise though, I sort of expected all inventory cars to be 'as new'. They are, effectively, used even though we get the tax credit.

Edit: forgot to mention that there were no records for the VIN in question on Carfax. I don't think that there are any Carfax records for Inventory cars as they are not themselves registered.

THAT is crazy. I would also expect the inventory cars to be essentially new.

I am OK with CPO cars that were in accidents as long as Tesla is certifying them with the CPO warranty. I would assume the car would have a lower price to reflect the accident history. But I would not be OK with buying an inventory car with an accident record. Yikes

Unfortunately, this is not uncommon in the car business.
Many new car dealers have sold cars as new with significant shipping damage that has been repaired and never disclosed. :mad:

Yes it does. The question is, after all the X early build issues, do you want a early build 3 still?

All the SpaceX and Tesla employees get one before you. So I can't see why you'd care after the first 20,000 or so are out (15,000 Tesla and 5,000 SpaceX).

On top of that if you get a Model S now to bump up a Model 3 reservation you are behind tens or hundreds of thousands of other Tesla owners that reserved a Model 3.

All in all I'd be surprised you got in under 50,000 in California or under 100,000 in US, or 200,000 in any other country.

I'm going to say any car after the 50,000 mark should be pretty solid.

Here is one that my CPO Advisor sent to me. Good Deal?

Black Solid Paint
Black Nappa Leather Seats
USD 55,400.00

85kWh
All Glass Panoramic Roof
21" Grey Wheels
Carbon Fiber Decor
Matching Yacht Floor
Supercharger Enabled
Tech Package
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Subzero Weather Package

Here is one that my CPO Advisor sent to me. Good Deal?

Seems pretty good to me. That car is loaded.

Sounds reasonable. Just curious, how may miles does CPO extend to?

4 years 50k miles from when you buy it. So if Buckeye bought that car it'd be covered until about 101k miles and May of 2020. The original battery warranty still applies though -- 8 years unlimited miles from date of new delivery.

Why don't they list these cars on the CPO site?

No idea. There have been some guesses related to the refresh and a lot of inventory cars but no one really knows.

Unfortunately, this is not uncommon in the car business.
Many new car dealers have sold cars as new with significant shipping damage that has been repaired and never disclosed. :mad:

I have been using my insurance agent to run the vin # and they can find insurance claims by running a "CLU" report. The info will show dollar amounts, type of incident, date and status. I have found this info more relevant and current. The CPO I purchased show a few minor claims that amounted to scrapes and scratches that had been repaired.

I have been using my insurance agent to run the vin # and they can find insurance claims by running a "CLU" report. The info will show dollar amounts, type of incident, date and status. I have found this info more relevant and current. The CPO I purchased show a few minor claims that amounted to scrapes and scratches that had been repaired.
This is a great tool that I was not aware of. Thanks for the information.

Just got this from my CPO Advisor. Too high mileage, but wanted to know what others thought.
It looks like this isn't AutoPilot-capable - must be from earlier in 2014. Though this isn't a bad deal, I think I'd keep looking.

However, I'm curious - why do you think the mileage is too high? There might be slightly more battery degradation due to the mileage, but otherwise, you still have the CPO warranty. For me, I don't think that mileage will be much of an issue. (Battery condition is more important, though that may be difficult or impossible to determine on a CPO car.)

I'm surprised this one is priced higher than the one Buckeye posted above. This one has over 10k more miles and doesn't have subzero package. But I guess it has multi coat paint and obeche decor.

Maybe a regional difference as well? Tesla might be pricing cars differently based on region and demand. I would assume CPO Teslas are in more demand on the West coast. I suppose we won't really know until they update the website and we can see all the inventory.

It looks like this isn't AutoPilot-capable - must be from earlier in 2014. Though this isn't a bad deal, I think I'd keep looking.

However, I'm curious - why do you think the mileage is too high? There might be slightly more battery degradation due to the mileage, but otherwise, you still have the CPO warranty. For me, I don't think that mileage will be much of an issue. (Battery condition is more important, though that may be difficult or impossible to determine on a CPO car.)

I wouldn't be sure that is a CPO car with the warranty. I just bought one and was told cars with 60K+ miles are sold as-is with no warranty.