Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked this one up for my business.

Last week, I originally bought P02696, the brown P85 without Tech Package for $61k, but considering it'd only cost me $1000 to forfeit, I'm considering it, as the Tech Package, and Signature Red is definitely worth the 3k difference (64k with the 1k cancellation).
I was tempted by that one. I have a line on a private sale sig red S85 (owner is thinking about an X), but I'd prefer a P85. But since I'm in the middle of downsizing, I need less stuff, not more. Nevermind the fact that I really shouldn't buy any expensive cars until I complete my move north to tax-free land. So I guess I owe you a small thanks for removing the temptation. :wink:

I was tempted by that one. I have a line on a private sale sig red S85 (owner is thinking about an X), but I'd prefer a P85. But since I'm in the middle of downsizing, I need less stuff, not more. Nevermind the fact that I really shouldn't buy any expensive cars until I complete my move north to tax-free land. So I guess I owe you a small thanks for removing the temptation. :wink:

How much is the private sale one and where is it located?

Happy to remove the temptation haha

Did it really sell for $46.9k? I have the page cached, showing $54k. I would have been all over it for that price.

Dunno, pard. Clicked on the link from HLW's page & it said $46.9K. Double checked the VIN and then went to the Pre-owned site with a different device.

The consolidator picked it up at 19:00. I was looking at it 80 minutes later, and now it's gone. If the price changed after one hour I think the Consolidator would have picked it up.

Anybody else want to confirm $46.9K? I never saw it $54 except in the spreadsheet. Well, congrats to somebody!

Dunno, pard. Clicked on the link from HLW's page & it said $46.9K. Double checked the VIN and then went to the Pre-owned site with a different device.

The consolidator picked it up at 19:00. I was looking at it 80 minutes later, and now it's gone. If the price changed after one hour I think the Consolidator would have picked it up.

Anybody else want to confirm $46.9K? I never saw it $54 except in the spreadsheet. Well, congrats to somebody!

Sounds like the CPO consolidator needs to update more often, maybe every 30 minutes or less. 46.9K is definitely a new low and seems to be a great deal right now for a bare bone tesla. I am still waiting for my 85D CPO though. Hopefully base on the timeline of the P85D coming on CPO, it shouldn't be too long now for the 85Ds to come CPO around Sep/Oct time frame by my guess.

Yeah, I had been thinking about moving to 30 or 15 minute updates.

I suppose email notifications are possible, but that's a bit more effort to benefit individual people, whereas the CPOC was meant to be a tool for everyone. Therefore, if I think about adding a notification option, it would probably be by subscription, or maybe a mobile app.

Testing a new low in Seattle.

60 kWh Model S P10231 | Tesla Motors

Not sure why the consolidator picked up $54K and not $46.9K.

Low mileage....bare bones, but still a good deal, no?

Ok, so here's what happened. It was added to the CPOC at the 7pm refresh. No update at the 8pm refresh. I don't know why Archive.org didn't cache that page at 7pm as requested. Sometime between 8pm and your post at 8:25 the price was lowered to $46.9k and subsequently sold before the 9pm refresh at which point the listing (with the original price) was removed. The only missing piece is why Archive.org failed to archive that page.

So yeah, maybe a 15 minute update cycle would be better... but then nobody going to get any work done feverishly hitting F5 every 15 minutes. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Where do I sign up?

It's going to take me a few weeks to finish real work first. ;)

Ok, so here's what happened. It was added to the CPOC at the 7pm refresh. No update at the 8pm refresh. I don't know why Archive.org didn't cache that page at 7pm as requested. Sometime between 8pm and your post at 8:25 the price was lowered to $46.9k and subsequently sold before the 9pm refresh at which point the listing (with the original price) was removed. The only missing piece is why Archive.org failed to archive that page.

So, this means that some of the sold/removed cars could have sold for a lower price than what the consolidator shows?
It would be great if the buyers could (anonymously) report what they paid for, unless they are required to be quiet on that.

I will wait 3 months. The way prices are coming down, I think I can pick one up in the high 30s in September, once Model X is released.

Doubt it. I think low 40s would be a better bet for those bare bone S60. S85 would be probably high 40s or low 50s and p85 would be mid to high 50s. Hopefully by then the 85d would come out at some reasonable price. I.e. mid 60s.

I'd like to think so, but still think these prices are a little too optimistic. I have to think that there are a lot of interested buyers on the sidelines, and a good reason why these low price cars get picked up very quickly.

yes, it amazes me how quickly a "right" priced CPO gets scooped up. I keep telling myself, just keep waiting, inventory will continue to build and prices will continue to drop. Tesla is very smart by controlling the price and release pace of their CPO cars.

I'd like to think so, but still think these prices are a little too optimistic. I have to think that there are a lot of interested buyers on the sidelines, and a good reason why these low price cars get picked up very quickly.

Trade-in

That was the car I traded-in for my new 70D. It was a 60kWh battery restricted to the range of a 40kWh. The restriction was taken off when Tesla got it back so it became a full 60. I was given 90% of what I paid which was several thousand more than $46,900. Not sure they would sell it for less.

Doubt it. I think low 40s would be a better bet for those bare bone S60. S85 would be probably high 40s or low 50s and p85 would be mid to high 50s. Hopefully by then the 85d would come out at some reasonable price. I.e. mid 60s.

It won't be that fast. There are enough people on the sidelines looking to pick up one of these cars that these prices are closer to 12-80 months out, IMHO.

Snap. Beat me to it. I should have kept reading down.

That was the car I traded-in for my new 70D. It was a 60kWh battery restricted to the range of a 40kWh. The restriction was taken off when Tesla got it back so it became a full 60. I was given 90% of what I paid which was several thousand more than $46,900. Not sure they would sell it for less.

Very interesting. I just have to wonder why they would have initially listed it for $54k, which seemed consistent with current prices, and then immediately drop the price substantially. I'm somewhat concerned with the game Tesla is playing right now.

So this is just a wee bit off topic - but I'm going to pick up my CPO today, and was curious if anyone has any tips and tricks of what to check/do before taking ownership. I know about the nickjhowe walkaround guide, and plan to follow that. Also thought of asking them for a printout of the current alignment specs (might want to slightly reduce camber in the rear a little, and ask them to try and zero out toe all around)