Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hank, Does your CPO consolidator tell if the car was sold for less then asking, or just that it was removed and the price per the site at the it came off? Just curious if Tesla is willing to negotiate the sale price of the car below the listed CPO Site price.

Hank, Does your CPO consolidator tell if the car was sold for less then asking, or just that it was removed and the price per the site at the it came off? Just curious if Tesla is willing to negotiate the sale price of the car below the listed CPO Site price.

They 100% DO NOT negotiate. Trust me, even buying several from them they do not discount anything. Price only goes down when miles are added.

Hello Hank,
First, thanks for the great cpo consolidator.
There is a bug in the number of items to display for the sold/removed cars. It is using the number of listed cars as max number. Well, now there are more cars sold/removed than are listed.
Currently, 259 listed and 333 sold/removed. So, it is unable to show all the sold/removed cars at once. I think, that is also mixing up the sorting for the sold/removed cars.
Can you please fix this minor bug? Thanks in advance.

Best,

I wonder how much those 4 previous wheels are going for. Any chance you can find out?

Not a problem Brianman, Hank. I will ask the chaps when I speak with them next and will let you know, although I believe Drucifer may have solved the mystery already.

Alaron, your car is stunning. Very good photos. Love the Black / 21 Grey combo.

Thanks so much Ahurst! I am completely enthralled with it!

It's fixed now... the car was originally listed with Aero wheels, but the must have updated the listing. The Consolidator doesn't re-check all fields upon each hourly update, just things like location and price.

Yeah I fixed that one. Went for a test drive (mostly to see the Aero wheels in person and see how I liked body color roof). They roll the car out and it has the 19" wheels....so much for seeing the Aero wheels in person. The Tesla reps there said none of them had actually see the Aero wheels in person. I guess they updated the listing after I griped.

I'm surprised at how many cars that were listed the first day (4/27) remain unsold. I also see some prices that seem way too high when compared to other cars listed. I don't get the impression Tesla cares about how quickly these sell.

I've had the same thoughts, too. I really think if they don't tighten things up a bit (by improving the functionality of the website, pricing, and followup/delivery process), they're surely going to be swamped with CPO's once they start rolling the X's off the line. I'm very curious to see how this plays out.

Which just goes to show that they don't totally have their act together around this process.

If they change the current lineup to bring back pricing like your car and mine, they wouldn't be able to keep up with demand! I'm in the camp that they are still working out the kinks (including logistics once purchased), purposefully limit supply for many reasons (including delivery logistics), and we will see changes once the X is released and more trade-ins are coming. In the meantime, I'm ecstatic I jumped when I did!

Now to call around about solar panels to get even more green! :)

I noticed that they recently revised the listings to show a transportation fee of up to $3,000 (up from $1,500). Obviously looking to deter long distance shipments.

Or to make more money to compensate for the drop in price?

- - - Updated - - -

If they change the current lineup to bring back pricing like your car and mine, they wouldn't be able to keep up with demand! I'm in the camp that they are still working out the kinks (including logistics once purchased), purposefully limit supply for many reasons (including delivery logistics), and we will see changes once the X is released and more trade-ins are coming. In the meantime, I'm ecstatic I jumped when I did!

Now to call around about solar panels to get even more green! :)

I don't think the initial cars were price that much more cheaply compared to now. Sure they might be slightly cheaper, but for the most part, they have not dropped. Look at the P85 of release "sold" and the current CPO. They are not far off. The S85 might have gone up. I didn't bother looking at the S60 because I would never consider that car unless it's cost < $35K with reasonable mileage on it.

Hmm, when do they update pricing to reflect the added AGE....e.g., for cars that have been on since 04/27 or early May?...there should be updated pricing to reflect that, no?

The original question was:

Hank, Does your CPO consolidator tell if the car was sold for less then asking, or just that it was removed and the price per the site at the it came off?

Yes, they update the sales (asking) prices from time to time, but the *actual* selling (closing) price is not published after the fact (sale). In some cases a few people have negotiated an "end of quarter" discount, but again, that info is not reflected in the CPO listings.

So except in a few rare instances, you can just assume that the last listed price on the CPO Consolidator is the actual selling price.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a bug in the number of items to display for the sold/removed cars. It is using the number of listed cars as max number. Well, now there are more cars sold/removed than are listed.
Currently, 259 listed and 333 sold/removed. So, it is unable to show all the sold/removed cars at once. I think, that is also mixing up the sorting for the sold/removed cars.

Just so you know, at the bottom right hand corner of each table are "Next" and "Previous" links to page the table to subsequent pages if the table does not list all the cars in one view. There are also numbers "1", "2", which go directly to that page of listings.