Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is changing hearts and minds.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rifleman,
I saw a show on the AM180 doing duty at prisons for riot control and fell in love. There is something about a .22 lead hose :)

Vger,
My views were formed early on by a dust bowl Okie who's own views were heavily influenced by the depression. I REALLY wish he (my dad) had the opportunity to ride in a Tesla. He would have appreciated it immensely.

In this theme, one of my MOST satisfying rides given to friends and family was to my wife's 86 and 87-year-old parents a couple of weeks ago.
It was a glorious day in our family, and one of the best we have ever spent together.

View attachment 21648

Recently took my 95 year old Mother (on O2) for a ride. She has not been able to stop talking about the car and the ride and has insisted on going for more.

IMG_1064-1.jpg

Moved the discussion about government, which was wandering into politics and away from Tesla, to Government Dysfunction?

Sorry if I took the thread off course. :redface:

My only point was that it's heartwarming to see this thread demonstrate that the Model S can transcend allegedly intractable disagreements between the poles on the US political spectrum. It is particularly important that Tesla not be labeled as a "lefty" car, which would turn off roughly half the population from wanting to give it a try, and as noted by Rifleman, once anyone tries the car all doubt fades away.

I want to see a Model S gunrack at the upcoming Teslive exhibits.
Ha, Nice! I got a rack for my compound bow on my Cervelo road bike, certainly would enjoy a gun rack when I get a Tesla.

Also, forget the environmental and political arguments for a moment; Electric Motors are amazingly powerful and efficient; IMO the fastest, best handling, and highest performing cars on the road will eventually be electric (I base this statement on the architecture, torque, and control characteristics of the AC induction motor), that is why i am so adamant about the adoption of EV's; The reduced environmental impact, and the ability to power the car with a variety of generation sources is just a bonus.

Who have you converted?

Last weekend I let an acquaintance drive my S. He's an oil man, nearing retirement, still working three weeks on/three weeks off in Alaska. The strong, silent type; but I could tell he was mightily impressed. Someone who's known him for 35 years told me later, "You should have seen his face when he got out of the car..." It was like it was too much for him to process.

Sometimes you can almost feel the Earth lurch on its axis...

Last weekend I let an acquaintance drive my S. He's an oil man, nearing retirement, still working three weeks on/three weeks off in Alaska. The strong, silent type; but I could tell he was mightily impressed. Someone who's known him for 35 years told me later, "You should have seen his face when he got out of the car..." It was like it was too much for him to process.

By brother is a petroleum engineer. I convinced him to buy some TSLA when it was at $37. He didn't buy much but I don't think it's something he is broadcasting at work, haha.

Exactly!

In any event, I don't see the need for plastics abating, so I think there's plenty of need for oil for the foreseeable future.

True. But if you've seen the percentages, plastics currently use up less than 5% of the world oil demand. So the drilling end of the business would suddenly find itself out of work, and the refining and distribution end would be a lot less busy.

I don't tend to affiliate with anyone's camp. I pick my sides issue by issue. Most politicians have at least one thing to say that I agree with. (Well, maybe not Palin). Politics aside, the Model S is a winner on many levels. Tesla has taken the crutch away from the arguments that so many other people and companies have used for decades. People were saying "this is not possible, and that is not possible". These guys (Tesla) just went out there and did it! So now, everybody that sees the Model S KNOWS what's possible. The remaining question is: "How long until the other automakers step up their game"? Bravo Tesla.

When someone says "This is not possible!" they 99% of the time simply talk about what they themselves as a person or company are unable to do ;) . From my perspective, there are so many unused and unrealized possibilities lying around that it is hair-raising.