Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla: Highlights from our upcoming Spring Release below

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2024.04.22-21_46_05.png

Reactions: WyoDude
Now if they just said what version number it will be, what version of FSD it will include, and when it will actually be available.

For those without X access:

Your Tesla gets better while you sleep

Highlights from our upcoming Spring Release below—

Visual updates (Model 3/Y with AMD chip)
– Immersive full-screen vehicle controls when parked
– Large playback controls & quick access to Recents, Favorites & Up Next in media player
– Expandable Autopilot driving visualizations, with a smaller map in the top right for trip guidance

Auto Shift Beta (Model S/X 2021 & later)
Auto Shift (Beta) can now also shift between Drive (D) & Reverse (R) based on your surroundings, in addition to shifting out of Park (P).Vehicle settings > Pedals & Steering > Auto Shift (Beta)

Audible
@audible_com is now available as a native media app.
Spotify queue & playback speed
You can now sync your @Spotify queue across vehicles & devices & adjust playback speed.

Hands-Free Trunk (Model S/X 2021 & later, upgraded Model 3)
Stand still behind your trunk with Phone Key & the trunk will open on its own.Vehicle settings > Locks > Hands-Free Trunk

Preview of Sentry Mode Recordings (select countries)
Preview a brief clip of Sentry Mode recording on your phone if alarm is triggered by pressing & holding notification.

Increased Regenerative Braking on Highway (Model S/X 2021 & later)
At high speeds, your vehicle now allows for more regenerative braking, meaning more energy can return to the battery.

Are we there yet??
Rear passengers can now see current trip details, time & temperature at the top of the rear touchscreen
👀

I do wonder what on the new Model S/X and upgrade Model 3 they are using to enable the Hands-Free Trunk feature. (I think that would be a nice addition.) Did they add an additional BT sensor?

Interesting note: Rivian just added an "Are we there yet?" feature to their rear screen as well.

Last edited:
Why can’t the previous gen model 3 get the Auto shift feature?
The "upgraded" Model 3, without stalks, isn't even getting the new Auto Shift Beta feature... (At least not yet.)

But I agree the Model 3/Y should be able to opt in to enable the Auto Shift feature, and maybe they will at some point once it is further refined. (Just like vehicles with the ultrasonic sensors don't get the High-Fidelity Park Assist feature, or the new improved Autopark. (Again, maybe once they are further refined Tesla will enable them on older configurations.)

Personally I finally feel like the current version of the UI has been perfected, they resolved all the issues people had with it when it was first added. Even the notorious auto-wiper problems have become far less frequent, and we're able to turn them off again.

Not a big fan of the redesign based on those screenshots, the map definitely should be bigger and more visible. Though maybe the fact I still have an Intel chip means I won't get that change? The other new features sound nice, but not essential

Reactions: Lobstahz
Not a big fan of the redesign based on those screenshots, the map definitely should be bigger and more visible.
That screenshot is for when the car is parked. We don't know what the while driving screen will look like. Probably fairly normal most of the time, and it is when you expand the FSD visualizations to full screen that the map goes to just being in the upper right corner. In other words, when you want to see what the car is seeing and you don't care as much about the map. (I think this UI change is pretty much what is in the Cybertruck already.)

Though maybe the fact I still have an Intel chip means I won't get that change?
Correct.

Reactions: APotatoGod
Cybertruck also getting the love:

Also for Cybertruck:
Powersharing from Vehicle to Home
During grid outages, Cybertruck can power your home using your Universal Wall Connector & Powershare Gateway.

Colorizer
Wrap your digital Cybertruck to match your wrap in real life.
1713300677612.png

New Horn and Lock Sounds

Lock & unlock your Cybertruck to try them out.

Cabin Overheat Protection
Helps maintain a set temp for up to 12 hours after you park.

Turning Circle
Turning circle is now improved by 1.6 feet, making parking & low-speed maneuvers even easier.