Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Electric in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
id certainly be interested in it too. Would be cool to have some attractive off peak charging plans too, especially if you have the tesla wall connector, they can take all the metadata they like :)
In SA we have a lot of Tesla battery storage, i wonder if they could leverage off that, or what their time frames are with current contractual arrangements.

I've been in the Melbourne Australia VPP since its inception a few years ago. Originally I was with AGL / Tesla VPP, now switched to Amber (wholesaler) / Tesla VPP. I'm looking forward to Tesla Electricity and Tesla Insurance even more !!!
I’m very interested in Tesla insurance but insurance is a highly regulated field so it might take times for approvals in all the different jurisdictions.

Reactions: Jules22
I’m very interested in Tesla insurance but insurance is a highly regulated field so it might take times for approvals in all the different jurisdictions.
Both Tesla Insurance and Electricity would be nice (if they have competitive prices). Do we have Tesla extended warranty in AUS like they have in U.S.? Also, did they announced anything on the "Charge on Solar" feature for Australia?

I'm currently waiting for the delivery of the M3H and while I wait, I've been doing a lot of research on these topics (EV Insurance, Electricity and EV Solar charging), this will be my first EV. Long time I've been looking, reading and wanting an EV, first time I will actually have one, and I have recently installed Solar Panels+Battery as well (2 months ago), going to be full on Electric soon (no more gas at home or gasoline in the car, all electric). :)

Both Tesla Insurance and Electricity would be nice (if they have competitive prices). Do we have Tesla extended warranty in AUS like they have in U.S.? Also, did they announced anything on the "Charge on Solar" feature for Australia?

I'm currently waiting for the delivery of the M3H and while I wait, I've been doing a lot of research on these topics (EV Insurance, Electricity and EV Solar charging), this will be my first EV. Long time I've been looking, reading and wanting an EV, first time I will actually have one, and I have recently installed Solar Panels+Battery as well (2 months ago), going to be full on Electric soon (no more gas at home or gasoline in the car, all electric). :)
congrats on the leap. EV solar charging works extremely well. It uses so much less of my time than petrol stations each week.

Reactions: BaymaxW
More details: the application is under the name Tesla Energy Ventures Australia Pty Ltd.

They intend to retail in NEM regions (Qld, NSW, ACT, Vic, Tas, SA) and have applied to both the AER and the Victorian state ESC to do this.

Their AER application is here: https://www.aer.gov.au/industry/reg...pplication-electricity-retailer-authorisation (Direct PDF link). They invited submissions from stakeholders before 18 December but received no responses.

The Victorian equivalent is underway: https://engage.vic.gov.au/tesla-ene...application-for-an-electricity-retail-licence - and they are seeking public engagement in the form on an online survey - open until 29 March.

Surely it is a slam dunk that they’d be offering VPP plans? Perhaps wholesale price linked too? They have the smarts for it!
VPPs in the NEM don't need to be linked to one retailer, though for the best customer benefit you do want one that will give you a good price for your peak time exports (the VPPs tend to make their money providing FCAS, the customer gets the energy arbitrage benefit, so they don't need to be involved at the retail level).