Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla drops Alcantara headliners from Model S/X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AnxietyRanger

Aug 22, 2014
EU
Alleged Tesla rep quote via Reddit:
"Alcantara is no longer available. Right now we are producing our vehicles with the premium textile headliner! All of our S, X, and 3s from now on will have this textile headliner! Apologies for the confusion earlier!"

Confusion is said to be the reason for the thread title: No, Tesla did not stop using Alcantara on the Model S. • r/teslamotors

Related Model 3:

Change from alcantara to cloth on PUP???

Tesla updates Model 3 interior with new headliner material

• Informative
Reactions: Tech_Guy
I'm not sure what the UTAB indicates, but I did hear reports from people hearing that alcantara on MS/MX was discontinued. However, as it stands now that looks like baseless confusion, because, on MX for example, under the interior options, it shows textile as standard (which I think was always the case??) and still has the alcantara with the packages. So it doesn't look gone at all. Screenshot taken 3 minutes ago, it may not be clear from the embedded image, but all options that say premium DEFINITELY show alcantara as the top retangle and the standard DEFINITELY shows textile. Thoughts?
Capture.PNG

This is not the first time. It took a year or so until they updated the repeaters, b-pllars with AP2 cams in the exterior view
Yeah but this is a selectable "premium" option which explicitly shows it. Also where are people getting the notion that alcantara in S/X is eliminated? From my understanding, it's 1) only one Tesla rep that said it's gone, 2) the removal of whatever UTAB or whatever is. Where are these UTAB things coming from, source code? To me these can mean anything and we don't have a clue, UTPB could just as easily mean Upper Trim Premium Black..... Maybe the removal indicates something more, but if these 4 letter sombos are indeed referring to upper trim, then what in God's name does UTZW and UTPB mean??

Yeah but this is a selectable "premium" option which explicitly shows it. Also where are people getting the notion that alcantara in S/X is eliminated? From my understanding, it's 1) only one Tesla rep that said it's gone, 2) the removal of whatever UTAB or whatever is. Where are these UTAB things coming from, source code? To me these can mean anything and we don't have a clue, UTPB could just as easily mean Upper Trim Premium Black..... Maybe the removal indicates something more, but if these 4 letter sombos are indeed referring to upper trim, then what in God's name does UTZW and UTPB mean??

Multiple things are pointing towards it and our antennas are sending us signals.

I agree it is not confirmed yet, it is something that seems to be happening as we speak.