Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cross-Country Trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same assumption on my end. Since they can get 170miles range in 30 minutes, and google only shows 2hrs 4mins from Newark to City Hall, I would think City Hall is possibly 2.5 hrs from arrival at Newark. Just enough time for me to shoot down from the Hartford area...which is totally nuts. But, this is historic! No promises here either!

Based on their last tweet of Somerset at 12:40am. IF Hagerstown..then arrive there about 2:30, then on to Newark, arrive 4:45-5:15. If straight to Newark from Somerset then arrive Newark at 4:15-4:30

If they are trying for minimal charge time (which is stated goal) I would bypass Hagerstown and save that 20-30 min charge.

Reading the blog for day 3, it looks like they finally admit they wanted to do a speed record for crossing instead of just charging all along (otherwise, they could have slept at night!):

Again, the wild conditions were no problem for the cars, which have consistently performed without fault throughout trip, despite two snow storms, a sand storm, icy roads, and minimal times spent at the charging posts in an effort to break a speed record for electric cars traveling across the United States.

Should make the press even better :smile:.

The team left the Newark SC about 5:35am EST. They picked up a couple passengers there that wanted rides to NYC. Might be surprised who gets out of the car. I expect they with get to NYC about 7am.

Can you post any of the pix.

I only took one. There were several 'staff' photographers and I would say 3-4 other S owners there that had cameras. Here is mine:
Flat Stanley and JP.JPG

Excellent. FYI (may have already been discussed). There was no standing record to break I was told. The Guinness people had to set up a 'time to beat' to allow TM to be credited with a record. Makes sense that you have to have a 'starting point' for all records.

PS. The team was asked what the record was and did they have a good chance to break it at the Newark SC. They would not/could not divulge any info but I got the distinct impression that they had accomplished their mission.