Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 Countries/2000 mile road trip in an SR+ - Observations from the continent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a battery one. so much nicer not having that horrible spaghetti wire that never folds back into the bag properly or threading it back through the cabin to get to the other side. You can charge if needed from the in-car USB-C

There was enough to fuss about already

- toll tag to simplify toll gates
- sticker thing for travelling on swiss motorways

guessing maybe you need equivalent for Italian motorways? not sure
Which one did you go for - toll tag? I quickly checked and there were few of them and there is something called toll box - have no idea how that is different to toll tag? Any extra bit of information is welcome. I have always used cards and paid - a bit of waiting time and passenger needs to do that etc., Didn’t find that too taxing in Italy. I think the swiss part I got something from a shop. Can’t remember now.

Which one did you go for - toll tag? I quickly checked and there were few of them and there is something called toll box - have no idea how that is different to toll tag? Any extra bit of information is welcome. I have always used cards and paid - a bit of waiting time and passenger needs to do that etc., Didn’t find that too taxing in Italy. I think the swiss part I got something from a shop. Can’t remember now.

went with evmovis - they post one out and take payment via direct debit. You keep the tag for future trips if you want but its a £10 or so yearly admin charge.

can't find the swiss sticker but there weren't many options for postal delivery. You can apparantly pick up at the border post but can't be faffing with that

edit: tollbird and telepass look interesting and cover Italy too - emovis doesn't. Might look into that

Reactions: spdpsba
I’m on the way to the Austrian Grand Prix. Most German superchargers have 20+ stalls, the one I’m at now has 40 stalls! (Merklingen, between Stuggart and Munich)
IMG_0915.jpeg

I’m on the way to the Austrian Grand Prix. Most German superchargers have 20+ stalls, the one I’m at now has 40 stalls! (Merklingen, between Stuggart and Munich)View attachment 951790
Great picture. I think this is what it is all about - showing it to Germans in their own turf what they should have done with their strong automative industry! Well done Elon.