Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla charged me for warranty service 2022 MSLR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today mobile service came to work on three issues. Rear seat rattle/creak, summon and self parking not working, and swap winter/summer wheels. He fixed the rear seat and changed the wheels, and told me that there no fix now for summon/self parking, but Tesla is working on a software fix. I did not see him before he left, but he called and told me that he did the work.
I was amazed to receive an invoice for 338$ itemized as 147$ for the rattle, 63$ for summon and 84$ for wheel swap. And it was charged to my credit card. Has anybody had this happen to them.

Not questioning you, but are you sure it was charged to your CC?
I remember thinking that the 1st time too but it there was no charge applied to my CC...but it was a legit invoice so I thought it was charged until I looked at my account (cc) on line.
Anyway, even if it was I am sure they will reimburse you.

I won’t be contesting the wheel swap, although in the past BMW and Mercedes would do the swap as a courtesy.
All three items on the invoice say payable by client The invoice was stamped Paid in red, and my my c/c app shows it as pending.
The tech said that there is some extra space between the latch and the strike that he will fill with some goo!!!

don't wait for a reimbursement - you'll never get one even they agree to it. Dispute the credit card charge
My credit card company requires you to try to work it out with the merchant before disputing a charge. I suggest you give Tesla the opportunity to fix this before disputing the charge. I don’t see how Tesla wouldn’t do that, and they might even comp you for the tire swap as a goodwill gesture.

Reactions: mswlogo
FWIW, one time the I accidentally used my own payment method for Uber, instead of Tesla's credits, to get home ($130.00 one way). I texted through the app about it. They responded that the could not switch payments since I already paid for the ride...A little irritated but I understood.
About a week later I got a check in the mail form Tesla for $130.00. They did not cover my tip, but they did pay me back for the ride. I thought that was pretty good service, but its still horrible communication.

Yes it has happened that I have been charged for interior repairs while still under full warranty, since interior faults are considered wear and tear or something like that. But it was never charged to my CC, I had to actively pay.

Seat rattle is 100% warranty I schedule through app went to SC kept it for 1 day no charge

Remember you have to agree before tesla tech comes out so if you agree and accept then they will charge you

If they charge you for rattle you should get that money back
What is the fix for the seat rattle? Mine is driving me crazy and when I made an appointment to get it fixed, they wanted me to approve a $240 estimate before they would even look at it. I went back and forth in the app on messages and cancelled the appointment because If I approved the fee, then I would have zero recourse if they decided to fix it outside of a warranty claim. Z

I am curious what the "fix" is and then maybe I will pay $240 to have it looked at.

What is the fix for the seat rattle? Mine is driving me crazy and when I made an appointment to get it fixed, they wanted me to approve a $240 estimate before they would even look at it. I went back and forth in the app on messages and cancelled the appointment because If I approved the fee, then I would have zero recourse if they decided to fix it outside of a warranty claim. Z

I am curious what the "fix" is and then maybe I will pay $240 to have it looked at.
Fold the seat down, find the black bar that the latch attaches to, wrap black electrical tape pretty thick around the black bar, then fold the seat back. Make sure it latches. If it still rattles add more tape (as long as it still latches) until it stops rattling.

Rattles are not covered under warranty although if identified very early on like maybe the first month of ownership they may "good will" the fix. See warranty exclusions below. After Tesla went into high volume production with the Model 3 their once extraordinary service such as fixing rattles and minor paint flaws has sadly become non-existent.

Attachments

• Warranty.jpg
    Warranty.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 145
I called the tech yesterday. He said that I shouldn’t be charged for summon not working, he will get it credited. As for rattle/noise/creak etc., it’s only covered the first 30 days. I told him that this is not a tear and wear issue, as he had previously explained that it is due to play between the seat back latch and strike, it was there since day one and got worse with time. He promised to raise the issue with his manager and get back to me.
I bought my first MS in 2015, this one is my 3rd, and I also bought a M3 for my daughter. The whole experience with this car from order to delivery to first after delivery service for minor issues has been terrible. I used to know know several employees at the only store in Montreal. Now they are all gone, replaced by idiots who do not know what they are talking about.
Up to August ‘22 I would tell anyone who asked about my experience with Tesla, that I would never buy any other car. Now I tell them that I will never buy another Tesla. I am so sorry that I spent almost 150K (C$) to be nickel and dimed like this.