Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Alternative?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

And by the way.. thanks for trying palm me off with the inferior model... this one looks close enough to what I would want and a bargain ... still its a shame about the LHD ;)

Reactions: Js1977
Having had a Model X, I don't think I'd want another, and certainly not in LHD. Respectfully and all that, just too much water under the bridge. It was good just the once 😎

Another Porsche - maybe? Quite like the look of the new Macan, but at moment other than an SUV-body shape it not offering too much compelling stuff over my Taycan.

Saying all that I sacked off my Eletre R order a couple of weeks ago. Mixture of reasons. Of late I seem to get quite enthusiastic about new EV launches, get an order down, then get a massive dose of cold feet. Maybe I should holdout until 2025 at least and see where this crazy market ends up.

Maybe you should have planned things a bit better rather than cutting it so fine you had to resort to using a 7kwh charger?
Did you miss the bit where I said “after going to 3 rapids that didn’t work”? There was plenty of planning - but thanks for the implied stupidity on my part!
Sorry, not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean ICEd? Well I’ve yet to have that happen 🤷‍♂️
You can’t have used too many Lidl chargers then.

Did you miss the bit where I said “after going to 3 rapids that didn’t work”? There was plenty of planning - but thanks for the implied stupidity on my part!
I didn’t mean to, the point I was making is that you should have given yourself enough margin to find a 4th or 5th rapid charger. 20-25% is probably a good time to charge as it’s low enough to get a good session in but high enough to give you enough margin to travel a bit of a distance if you need to if your first charger isn’t working.

Also did your app of choice not tell you that the chargers were out of service?

Apologies that it came across as me calling you stupid, it certainly wasn’t my intention.

I get all that. But the problem is that car designs age. They get stale. A Model 3 in 2025 that looks almost the same as the Model 3 from 2019 isn't credible.
This is the kind of thinking that leads companies like BMW to keep making their grill bigger, fundamentally their cars are the same but they make incremental, benefit-less changes so that people can tell that this is the new shape car and that one is the old shape. I'm quite happy that is not a thing with Tesla. I agree the car shapes are quite bland, no doubt deliberate as things that are 'trendy' quickly become unfashionable again. I guess you need to go to another manufacturer if you want the latest fashions in bent metal every couple of years.

Bigger grill or removal of stalks and parking sensors? Hmmm... such a difficult choice to make.
It’s abundantly clear that you have a hatred for Tesla’s design choices and direction. Isn’t it great that the number of options for EVs is increasing rapidly? So when you’re ready for your next car you have plenty from which to choose. We get it — Tesla will not be on your shortlist. Having choice is good.

This is the kind of thinking that leads companies like BMW to keep making their grill bigger, fundamentally their cars are the same but they make incremental, benefit-less changes so that people can tell that this is the new shape car and that one is the old shape. I'm quite happy that is not a thing with Tesla. I agree the car shapes are quite bland, no doubt deliberate as things that are 'trendy' quickly become unfashionable again. I guess you need to go to another manufacturer if you want the latest fashions in bent metal every couple of years.
But cars are fashion items. And like fashion items, there is a zeitgeist of change that just happens. Things come into and go out of fashion. You might not like it, but it's the way it is. That's why car companies need to keep doing the "latest fashions in bent metal". And it's no use trying to say it's all just flim flam - unless you're still wearing breeches from the 18th century, or flares from the 1970s!

giphy.gif

But cars are fashion items. And like fashion items, there is a zeitgeist of change that just happens. Things come into and go out of fashion. You might not like it, but it's the way it is. That's why car companies need to keep doing the "latest fashions in bent metal". And it's no use trying to say it's all just flim flam - unless you're still wearing breeches from the 18th century, or flares from the 1970s!
I'm pretty much dressed the same now as I was 30 years ago, Jeans and T-Shirt. I don't agree that a car is a fashion accessory either.

This a myth that legacy auto want you to believe to keep upgrading to the new shape of bent metal.

Reactions: Exy1 and Adopado
Hmmm, that’s lot of fun - someone with a striped T shirt (vertical) and Paul McCartney Jeans.
much dressed the same now as I was 30 years ago, Jeans and T-Shirt.

I could see how Porsche has taken @GRiLLA view on board and done this:)

This a myth that legacy auto want you to believe to keep upgrading to the new shape of bent metal.
1706270225496.jpeg

1706270370569.jpeg

Anyway, back on topic after the true believers distracted everyone away. Here's another very thorough review on the Macan

Very promising that he says you can get the seat down nice and low, maybe you can have fun in an SUV after all... disappointing there's no one pedal driving and only one wireless charging slot. Struggling to come up with any other cons though.

Reactions: 2020M3SR
You repeating that claim won't make it true.

No, that's true. (Or, I could just keep repeating it until you stop caring like the media does 😁)

What I was referring to is that since the Model Y launch, the "nothing" that happens has been;
- Mega castings in mass production
- Structural 4680 battery packs in mass production
- Vision based parking system in mass production
- Standard onboard ECU supports FSD 12 (now in general release)
- Most efficient drivetrains on the market keeps improving. For instance, in a 2022 direct real-world comparison with 30 other EVs including ID.4 and BMW iX, a 2022 Model Y LR was the most efficient and drove 7.5% longer than WLTP in summertime (507 WLTP vs 545 km/132Wh/km actual)

Each of these could have been a significant new development to be launched with fanfare, however that's not Teslas modus. (Though it probably should have been).