Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla allows slacker sign in n bitrate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hey. Just noted. Not sure if old news but at the slacker streaming main screen if u scroll to the bottom it allows you to sign in to ur own slacker account and opt for high bit rate. (Different than just erasing the current tesla credentials). I seem to be still signed in to my tesla account but it doesn't reflect that when it gives me the option. Anyone try this? Not sure if of benefit

Someone did try it, and logged the data coming in, and said that even selecting high bit rate online, still streams regular bit rate to the car.

Then there are other people who claim they can hear a difference.

Play with it, and decide for yourself what you want to believe.

I asked Slacker directly to check from logs the stream format my car pulled, and they said my car with standard audio requested an AACv2 at 40kbps stream. The stream sounded terrible, which is why I asked in the first place. They assured me that the stream format was entirely at the request of whatever device you are using, and is not stored anywhere that can be shared between devices. If you check the Android app it won't reflect the setting you chose in the web player.

I have a standard audio car, so the high bitrate option at the login screen doesn't exist for me. I lost the ability to play reasonable quality audio from the Streaming app in the car with the 8.0 release. I've started streaming Slacker from my phone over bluetooth. It sounds far better than the crap the car is willing to play directly. I'll never forgive Tesla for crippling my streaming audio, those jerks.

• Informative
Reactions: sdorn, Max* and Tam