Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Alignment wrong from factory?

Was your car aligned incorrectly from the Tesla factory?

• Yes, toe in/out wrong

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Yes, camber wrong

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Yes, caster wrong

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Yes, toed out

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Yes, toed in

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • No, the alignment was good

Votes: 57 46.3%
  • Steering wheel not centered

Votes: 40 32.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine was off... noticed when I got on the highway that it pulled slightly to the right. Reported it immediately (15mi on car).

Tesla fixed it for free.

Attachments

• 20230706_160426.jpg
    20230706_160426.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 100
That's just not long enough. I picked my car up on a day when it was snowing and the roads were covered in ice and snow. I put more than 100 miles on my car in the first couple of days with the roads covered in snow and ice. It wasn't clear that I had an alignment issue until the weather settled down and the roads were dry and clear. Even then, it took a few drives to determine that it was an alignment issue, and not something to do with the tires, and that it wasn't just my perception being off.
I used to be a tech at toyota, so i felt it instantly.

I used to be a tech at toyota, so i felt it instantly.
I think it depends on how the alignment is off and how far it's off, and when and where you are driving. My alignment was off by four hundredths of an inch of excess toe out. For the first 100+ miles of driving on our new car, it was on snow and ice covered roads. I don't think anyone could determine instantly that the car's alignment was off given those conditions.

We have Belle Tire in our area, I don't know if they are national company. They can complete alignments on Teslas at a great price. Normal price is $90 for one time and if you pay for the "warranty" which is $30 you can have it aligned as much as you like in that year. I have one right by where I work, I rotate my tires at 3000 miles and then have them align each time.

100 miles is bs. They fixed my alignment at almost 1k miles no questions asked and the estimate was $0, like it should be. That is a crappy sc.
Not sure what Tesla's policy is but most manufacturers give at least 90 days for non-warranty items like alignment, squeaks and rattles, body panel adjustments etc.
You probably won't find that in writing but that has been my experience.

With my 20 m3, I was told the squeaks, rattles, paint warranty was one year (and some mileage, but I forget), and just before that time I brought it in for them to fix the trunk rubbing on the bumper. They adjusted the trunk and fixed the paint under warranty.

That's why I think the 100 miles is bs.

ymmv.

Reactions: rpiotro
Upon purchase last month and driving off lot in St. Pete, FL, new M3 w/five miles on it immediately pulled hard to right - almost as though it were a software issue and not just alignment, it was such a hard pull. Took it back immediately and a little concerned with my car choice b/c the first question from SC was "Did you go through a pothole?" followed up by, "Maybe you're not from Florida, but due to so much rain here, our roads are sloped..." I'm a FLA native, never owned a car that pulled like that - even if not aligned. Svc Mgr drove car with me, agreed it was unacceptable. Took them over one week and 4 times to get to a place that was not pulling hard - still drifts to right and I've tried to document in as many ways possible my concerns with uneven wear and short tire life should it come to pass (as I see/hear with many other owners on this forum and elsewhere online). With this poll showing 50% of new M3s having alignment issues, it's surprising that there isn't a better QC program at factory to address prior to shipping/delivery to customer. A frustrating start to being a new Tesla owner.

Interesting, both of my 2023 Teslas are from Fremont, but there must be two full end to end assembly lines
MYP straight as an arrow, tire wear even and perfect
M3 had to be aligned, now straight as an arrow, tire wear even and perfect

So, you might be right, the alignment tech at the end of the Fremont M3 line needs to be retrained on alignments