Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 2023 model y completely dead while super charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys yesterday at christmas day. I came back to atlanta airport from cancun for 4 days and i had 20% batteries and i drove to duluth and my car had 8% batteries left so i parked my car to the super charging station and start the charging and i went restaurant to eat. After 40 min i was not able to drive my car and there was LOTS of warning alarm comming up my car had 50% batteries and i don’t know what happen to me.. it was christmas 8pm .. tesla road assistant sent me the first road assistant company in 1am and they try to jump my car but they wasn’t able to find the jump wire in my front circle cover .. he said the wire should be here but he think sometime it fall off in the bumper..
So they left and tesla road assistnat sent me the another road assistnat in 4am and they also wansn’t able to find the jump wire so he just towed my car with his towing truck..( i hope this wasn’t damaged my car… it wasn’t on netural mode.. it was parked mode ) my car is completley dead so i wasn’t able to close my door because of windsheild . I spent 10 hour in cold opened door in christmas . I bought my car in june 2023 and i only drove 4600 miles.. i don’t know why this happen to me .. my car had 50% battery and why my car is dead and completeley dead..i leave in savannah which as 350 miles away from here.. i need to go work tomorrow but not sure they will provide the loner car or not.. what should i do ? Sorry for lots of grammer mistake but i can’t think now cause i wasn’t able to sleep for yesterday in cold car and also i feel very sick now.. help me guys

Attachments

• IMG_3659.jpeg
    IMG_3659.jpeg
    399.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3658.jpeg
    IMG_3658.jpeg
    322.6 KB · Views: 41
That sounds miserable.

I'm not sure I understand everything. Savannah is southeast of Atlanta but Duluth is northeast so I don't really understand why you went to Duluth. Maybe you just found a hotel there that was near a SuperCharger?

It also seems like Duluth to Savannah is more like 270 miles instead of 350 miles. Not saying these things to be critical, just wondering if I don't fully understand everything.

I guess if it were me though, I would rent a car and drive home. Might involve taking an Uber to get to the rental car place. Missing work because of a car break down would simply not be an option for me.

In regards to what is wrong with your car, that's hard to say. Looks like your low voltage system is still working if you have the errors on your display and so on so I'm not sure why they were looking for the jump wire. The jump wire is only for when the low voltage system is dead as well.

When you said they towed it while it was in park, do you mean all four tires were sliding as they drug it away? Or are you saying all four tires were sliding as they pulled it up on their trailer? Or something else?

Ideally they would have put it in tow mode and then pulled it up on their trailer or truck and then put it in park and tied it down and taken it wherever they needed to take it. But if they slid it onto the trailer instead, that's probably not the end of the world. As long as they didn't just drag it down the road, it will likely not be any significant new damage that hadn't already occurred prior to the showing up.

Sorry you're going through this. Hope they get it resolved with minimal hassle.

Your car has 2 batteries. The high voltage battery pack you charge and a smaller 12 or 16v battery for things like opening the doors, infotainment system, etc. It sounds like the smaller battery has died and needs to be replaced.
Very sorry for the misery you went through. And on Christmas day!

First I have heard of a 16 volt Li-Ion battery failing. I guess anything can fail of course.

OP, I see this is your first post. Please let us know what was wrong.

Your car has 2 batteries. The high voltage battery pack you charge and a smaller 12 or 16v battery for things like opening the doors, infotainment system, etc. It sounds like the smaller battery has died and needs to be replaced.

Since the window isn’t working I can see why you would say the low voltage battery has failed. On the other hand, the screen would also be powered by the low voltage battery.

Maybe the battery had enough juice to power the display but not enough juice to power the window?