Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed M3 battery lost 50% charge in a week?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after coming back home after 7 days away for work, I noticed my car would not respond to either my key cards or my phone. It's parked in an underground garage at my apartment. So, since the doors won't unlock, I ended up having to call Tesla Roadside Assistance and have a tow truck get it over to a service center (closed for the weekends so I need to leave it there, lucky me).

Tesla support agent think it's because my car wasn't plugged-in and lost all that battery. But is losing 55% charge in a week normal (I'm in DC, but I don't think the cold would be that bad on the car)? I had the M3 for barely over 2 weeks :rolleyes: .

Sentry mode will drain the battery pretty fast but it is disabled when the pack drops to 20% so it can’t drain the battery below 20%. I left my car for a week, unplugged, w/Sentry mode disabled and drained less than 1% a day.

So after coming back home after 7 days away for work, I noticed my car would not respond to either my key cards or my phone. It's parked in an underground garage at my apartment. So, since the doors won't unlock, I ended up having to call Tesla Roadside Assistance and have a tow truck get it over to a service center (closed for the weekends so I need to leave it there, lucky me).

Tesla support agent think it's because my car wasn't plugged-in and lost all that battery. But is losing 55% charge in a week normal (I'm in DC, but I don't think the cold would be that bad on the car)? I had the M3 for barely over 2 weeks :rolleyes: .
Based on my experiences 18 months ago, sounds like a bad 12 volt battery.

@TracyJackson - do you happen to have the powered trunk retrofit on your car?
Came here to ask the same question. I have the Retrofit kit and it has broken via software update, twice in a row now.

I got a software update 4/1/12024 to 2024.3.10 which bricked my HVAC. Got the warning on the screen that it needed replaced, and it would not come on at all. Seat heaters and rear defogger worked okay, though.

Remote diagnostics (a joke) told them I need a new Compressor and such for $1500. But I knew it was the software update that made this happen. Got the vehicle into the SC appointment and they agreed it was the Retrofit Trunk Kit that the software update "wrecked." The vehicle would not sleep for all day Monday and Tuesday, and I would get the red charge port light.

Got a message from them that I will need to bring the vehicle into the SC after the next software update. :^{

• Informative
Reactions: Scelto