Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tein EnduraPro Plus - Should I modify bump stop?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking to install Tein EnduraPro Plus dampers on my 23 MYLR along with a set of MYP springs to lower the car just a bit. I've read some posts where people modify the bump stop and others don't, but most of the posts I've found were with the stock springs.

Can anyone comment on this setup with the potential pros/cons might be? If I should modify them how much should I cut off?

I wondered the same thing when I was installing. I have heard many conflicting things. Some people say the bump stop is internal and built into the shock. Others say despite this you still need the bump stop. I left mine in place and overall I am happier than a pig in *sugar* over the new ride. 10 clicks in the front 12 in the back for me

I wondered the same thing when I was installing. I have heard many conflicting things. Some people say the bump stop is internal and built into the shock. Others say despite this you still need the bump stop. I left mine in place and overall I am happier than a pig in *sugar* over the new ride. 10 clicks in the front 12 in the back for me
Thanks for letting me know! Did you keep the bump stop as-is? Or did you cut it at all?

I'm about to pull the trigger on the TEIN- Endura Pro, but worried about that "chirp/squishing" sounds everyone keeps talking about. Has that happened to you?
It hasn’t happened to me
Everything about the product has me delighted
The only issue I ran into was I struggled to make the old dustcovers work. I came up with a solution but it’s kind of 1/2 assed
It involved tie wraps and styrofoam 😂

It is internal, but Tein wants to keep the stock bump stops anyway. I'd cut OEM ones.

"Although the ENDURAPRO/PLUS shock absorbers utilize our internal Hydraulic Bump Stoppers (H.B.S.), you will still need to retain either a OEM or TEIN bump stop, which is used as a precautionary measure."

Source: Link

Well…just got the Teins installed and although the comfort is a serious change, the back is now getting “thumping” sounds or more like “clicking”. Anyone else felt the same ? I saw some mention creaking but this more like something is clicking or light thump.

"no difference I can tell" - can you elaborate please.

No difference as a consequence of trimmed bumpers?
No difference compared to what?
What model and year?
Wheel size?

Thanks,
2021 MY LR. Gemini wheels - 19"
Changed OEM rears from revision D to E. No difference.
Changed E to Koni Reds, no difference. PN: 8245-1422. Trimmed bumpers as well with those.

I can't detect any improvement with those which I was hoping to achieve.

2021 MY LR. Gemini wheels - 19"
Changed OEM rears from revision D to E. No difference.
Changed E to Koni Reds, no difference. PN: 8245-1422. Trimmed bumpers as well with those.

I can't detect any improvement with those which I was hoping to achieve.
You mean better ride quality? You're not the first person to say this about Koni reds. There is a better version of the reds, its a collaboration between Koni and a German company called Reifen Reber. Unfortunately it's hard to get a hold of in the US which is why I went with Tein.

You mean better ride quality? You're not the first person to say this about Koni reds. There is a better version of the reds, its a collaboration between Koni and a German company called Reifen Reber. Unfortunately it's hard to get a hold of in the US which is why I went with Tein.

Have you ever had the Reds? I am looking for somebody to compare Teins with Konis. I was able to get the rears only, while it seems that Teins sell as 4 set.

Have you ever had the Reds? I am looking for somebody to compare Teins with Konis. I was able to get the rears only, while it seems that Teins sell as 4
I've never tried the reds, but I hear they are tuned on the stiffer side, so probably not much improvement from the comfort suspension on my 2023. The Reifen Reber version that I mentioned are supposed to be more similar to the Model 3 Highland that people are raving about. FYI Koni has the reds on sale if you wanted to complete the set.

I've never tried the reds, but I hear they are tuned on the stiffer side, so probably not much improvement from the comfort suspension on my 2023. The Reifen Reber version that I mentioned are supposed to be more similar to the Model 3 Highland that people are raving about. FYI Koni has the reds on sale if you wanted to complete the set.
I did test drive the highland for this purpose alone - to see the suspension harshness improvement. Now, while it is a nice ride especially over 2018 M3, this is far cry from '95 Camry.

Fellas fellas fellas, no need to trim the bump stop. It was necessary in different vehicles with much larger and harder bumpstops, but for the model Y it’s completely unnecessary. If you decide to trim the bumpstops be sure you keep the top widest ring, that’s the actual bumpstop and it is also needed to pressure mount the dust boot to the top hat. If you happen to trim off the lower 2 segments, no big deal, those little shits hardly do anything, they are there just to make the transition smoother to the hardest top segment which actually stops the strut. You want proof? Try compressing the first 2 segments with two fingers and notice how easily they compress. If you can easily compress those segments with 2 fingers, do you really think they will have any stopping power against 1000lbs+ of force?

• Helpful
Reactions: GOVA