Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Switch to my home" setting in app on 1.11.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that my system just updated to 1.11.2 in the past day or so and I now see on the Android App (V3.2.3) a "Switch to my home" option.

If I click this, the circle spins for a while, but I eventually get a "Powerwall Connection Error" that includes the serial number of my PW, making me wonder if it is trying to connect directly to the gateway via my LAN connection (which is online - and I can surf the web).

I can look at the GUI on my phone - but the app doesn't seem to be able to connect to the GW itself (if that's what it's supposed to do), and it doesn't seem to have anywhere where I could put in a password or any other configuration in the event that it was trying to connect directly to the GW via the wireless connection.

I did a search hear about this, but I couldn't find anything - any ideas as to what this is for, and how its supposed to work?

I am still at 1.9.1... Over 1000 backup hours of tou, all manual. This is getting a bit ridiculous, given that lack of current tou support news was handed to me by the install crew, while the sales process was claiming everything to support tou post install. The first and the last time I go without extra thorough double verification of Tesla staff claims.

Reactions: Ulmo
I am still at 1.9.1... Over 1000 backup hours of tou, all manual. This is getting a bit ridiculous, given that lack of current tou support news was handed to me by the install crew, while the sales process was claiming everything to support tou post install. The first and the last time I go without extra thorough double verification of Tesla staff claims.

I just received my 1.11.2 update for my Powerwall, nothing has changed from what I can tell.

According to Tesla, they are now trying to target mid February for the ToU support if you have Powerwall without PV.

One thing I did notice by accident, is after the 1.11.2 update, I started to get APNS for when I do my own ToU (one at 11pm and one at 6am). Pretty cool!

I just received my 1.11.2 update for my Powerwall, nothing has changed from what I can tell.

According to Tesla, they are now trying to target mid February for the ToU support if you have Powerwall without PV.

One thing I did notice by accident, is after the 1.11.2 update, I started to get APNS for when I do my own ToU (one at 11pm and one at 6am). Pretty cool!

How do you currently do your own ToU? I have 1.11.0 firmware

Thanks,

How do you currently do your own ToU? I have 1.11.0 firmware

Thanks,

At 6am, I go outside and flip the main breaker taking me off the PG&E Grid. At 11pm I go outside and flip the main breaker back, putting me back on the PG&E Grid. This allows me to charge my Quantity 2 Powerwall + Model S and Model X starting 11pm using EV-A Rate Plan costs...

Weekdays = 6am off and 11pm on
Weekends = 10am off and 8pm on

Been doing that since Sept 13, over 2000 hours so far. It will be nice once it's all supported through the app and happens automatically based on your customized settings. One Day

OK, I looked up the UL 489 endurance testing requirement for circuit breakers, as related here: What does the endurance test consist of that a UL489 circuit breaker must pass?

Breakers up to 225A are tested for 4,000 cycles. That will last a while at one cycle a day. : - ) Breakers above 225A up to 600A are tested for only 1,000 full load cycles. So if zanary's main breaker is bigger than 225A, he's used about 13% of the tested endurance of the breaker. Of course, the breaker may last longer than its tested endurance.

Cheers, Wayne

Tesla has entered Vaporware state.

I can't remember what APN means. What is it?

OK, I looked up the UL 489 endurance testing requirement for circuit breakers, as related here: What does the endurance test consist of that a UL489 circuit breaker must pass?

Breakers up to 225A are tested for 4,000 cycles. That will last a while at one cycle a day. : - ) Breakers above 225A up to 600A are tested for only 1,000 full load cycles. So if zanary's main breaker is bigger than 225A, he's used about 13% of the tested endurance of the breaker. Of course, the breaker may last longer than its tested endurance.

Cheers, Wayne

Just a thought. In general, testing for this kind of endurance uses actual overcurrent states which, in turn will result in the breaker opening as fast as designed, on an OVERCURRENT CONDITION. Manually opening the breaker could cause other issues not tested for. Every time a breaker opens a small amount of pitting occurs on the contactors, repeated cycling can lead to high resistance on the contacts and overheating. Remember, these breakers may be rated to open thousands of times, but in real life the house mains probably won't get cycled a couple of times a year. Large breakers often receive preventive maintenance on a regular basis to identify these issues. Overheating is the number one issue that could cause bad things to happen in the breaker cabinet.