Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't find PW rebate form on Android app where Tesla says it is

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Already had one PW, added a rebate eligible second one today. Need some help claiming the PW $500 rebate. Website says:

Review the full eligibility for the rebate. Install Powerwall(s) between June 15, 2023, and October 31, 2023. Once your Powerwalls are registered and connected to the Internet, claim the rebate in the Tesla app. From the energy system home screen, select ‘Support’ > ‘Powerwall Rebate.’ You will need to provide and confirm details related to the order and installation.

There is no 'Powerwall Rebate' listed under 'Support' or anywhere else. The app shows 2 PWs operating on the home page house graphic. If I go to my owner web page by entering the IP address it shows the serial numbers for both PWs. I presume that means the new PW is registered, connected to the Internet and ready for rebate. Just can't find rebate page on Android app. Thanks.

Yeah, mine was installed by Tesla about two weeks ago. Passed city inspection last week, Tesla submitted project for approval to utility (after I submitted payment) and I got confirmation that utility received the request.

I called Tesla. My third party installer neglected to update the warranty on the new battery. They just merged the warranty with the four-year old battery. Tesla rep corrected it, had to log out and back in, and now rebate link shows up on app as advertised.

On a side note, interesting how simple it is to add an additional battery. Two techs took 2.5 hours to complete job. Essentially, run a 30 amp cable to new circuit breaker in generation box and run a communication wire to gateway. For that, I'm guessing I was charged about $4,000 for labor. Not sure what they paid for the battery, hence the estimate. Tesla website shows PW2 stand-alone battery cost as $7,300.

I just had a fourth additional powerwall installed by Tesla in south Florida. After inspection and payment the rebate application did not show up in my settings on the app. I chatted with the project advisors, sent a screen shot of my settings page in the app that did not have the rebate, and they sent it to the rebate department and said that the rebate would show in settings within 5 days or so. After 4 days, it did appear and I filled out the info and pressed send and got an acknowledgement email. I was IOS not Android.

I just had a fourth additional powerwall installed by Tesla in south Florida. After inspection and payment the rebate application did not show up in my settings on the app. I chatted with the project advisors, sent a screen shot of my settings page in the app that did not have the rebate, and they sent it to the rebate department and said that the rebate would show in settings within 5 days or so. After 4 days, it did appear and I filled out the info and pressed send and got an acknowledgement email. I was IOS not Android.
I just reached out to Tesla Powerwall Support via app based on your message. Now they said they will look into it with Rebate Team why I dont have link to submit rebate. Thanks. Guess my Tesla Project Advisor is wrong.

Guess that chat with Tesla Powerwall Support worked. I saw the link this morning to submit my rebate!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231108_093437_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20231108_093437_Tesla.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot_20231108_093520_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20231108_093520_Tesla.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 42