Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers - West Des Moines, IA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No. I was referring only to the charging speed.
There were definitely problems when we stopped several times including one that didn't work and the other that dropped to 30 amps sometime after you plugged in. If you were near empty and wanted to be fully charged the next morning you may not be.
Better than nothing but not what you expected. I will bring it up to management again but not sure it is being treated seriously.

There were definitely problems when we stopped several times including one that didn't work and the other that dropped to 30 amps sometime after you plugged in. If you were near empty and wanted to be fully charged the next morning you may not be.
Better than nothing but not what you expected. I will bring it up to management again but not sure it is being treated seriously.

There are two common reasons for it dropping to 30 amps. One is is poor wiring which shouldn't happen at a hotel--although with one not working that's on the table too, and the other is fluctuating power either from the power company or too many peak loads on the panel.

Just stopped by there for lunch, and sure enough, one of the HPWCs is not working. Flashing orange ring while trying to use it. However the other HPWC, as well as the Chargepoint, are working. Just FYI. And as I said before, if you want a quicker charge, you're welcome to stop by my place.

Attachments

• IMG_2934.PNG
    IMG_2934.PNG
    305.4 KB · Views: 193
There is no actual problem with them, they are destination chargers for overnight charging.

Both times this Spring when I stayed at that Jordan Creek Holiday Inn the Tesla Destination charge station did NOT work but fortunately the Clipper Creek charge station did work ok. The first time I reported the problem to the Holiday Inn and Tesla Destination Chargers. I didn't bother to report the problem the second time. Maybe I should have. However, now the Holiday Inn will lose my business because the Supercharger will be available. I will be traveling through Des Moines again soon on my way to/ from the Fremont Factory Tour.in September.

Both times this Spring when I stayed at that Jordan Creek Holiday Inn the Tesla Destination charge station did NOT work but fortunately the Clipper Creek charge station did work ok. The first time I reported the problem to the Holiday Inn and Tesla Destination Chargers. I didn't bother to report the problem the second time. Maybe I should have. However, now the Holiday Inn will lose my business because the Supercharger will be available. I will be traveling through Des Moines again soon on my way to/ from the Fremont Factory Tour.in September.
Thanks DDarrow for the offer but our stay will most likely be for 12-14 hours and when the amps drop to 30 we still should have enough watts to reach the Albert Lea SpC.
GotOne, reporting the problem unfortunately seems to be falling on deaf ears. I'll try again this Friday but I suspect the problem will continue. Like I said before, when the amps drop to 30, you won't get a full charge unless you stay 13-15 hours.

I wonder if the switch settings on the charger are not set correctly. I was the first to use the charger at Bass Farms near Mount Vernon Ia and it didn't work. I don't recall what my port ring looked like when it didn't work though. In that case the electrician forgot to take it out of test mode so we corrected it and it immediately worked.

I wonder if the switch settings on the charger are not set correctly. I was the first to use the charger at Bass Farms near Mount Vernon Ia and it didn't work. I don't recall what my port ring looked like when it didn't work though. In that case the electrician forgot to take it out of test mode so we corrected it and it immediately worked.

I'm guessing that there is either a bad connection, or perhaps the plug is damaged, as they were both working right after being installed.

Looks like the construction crew has finished, and moved out. Now I guess it's down to waiting on Mid American, and then Tesla for final testing.

I happened to pull up to the Coralville SC today as the electrician was working there. Received a wealth of knowledge from him (their company is deploying the Quad Cities, Coralville and DSM SCs).

Coralville -the charger is ready to go. As he said "all I'd have to do is flip a couple of switches and you could start charging". But the Tesla rep needs to come and do their testing. He wasn't sure when that would be, but he thought it would be very quick, potentially still this week. If you're driving through this week though, I'd plan alternate charging locations just in case

Davenport - I hadn't heard of it either - how the heck did this go undetected for so long?! He said it is about a week behind Coralville, So maybe within two weeks it will be ready.

Des Moines - Here's the bummer - The transformer has NOT been placed yet he said. It is due to be placed on the 12th of September. Based on the other work to be done, he didn't think it would be ready until at least October.