Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a question from a Noob.

Is there something we can do if we pull up to charge and the station isn't working?
Last weekend I saw one broken one with a red masking tape X on it.
I assume it was broken since I tried 3 times, it would disconnect after Charging starting shows on screen and never goes beyond that step.

I succumbed to peer pressure and both exceeded 10,000 miles (in 20 days) and nabbed plenty of Superchargers to have a ratio above 1.0 of supercharger visits to days owned while driving through New England. Up to 237 SC visits now on day 226 of ownership!

Am I allowed to simultaneously admire and be annoyed by your journey ;)
Okay okay, I'm just jealous of folks with the capacity to take long trips. WHY wasn't "Will severely hinder your ability to chase superchargers" in any of the baby books?

Am I allowed to simultaneously admire and be annoyed by your journey ;)
Okay okay, I'm just jealous of folks with the capacity to take long trips. WHY wasn't "Will severely hinder your ability to chase superchargers" in any of the baby books?
I think you're missing an opportunity to precondition the tot to long-distance travel. You eventually send them off to school and just think of the spring break stories: "Oh, you went to Disney and your parents took you to Aruba. Yea, we drove around in my mom's car and charged at 50 different spots!"

My last two for this brief sojourn:

Chico

Yuba City

Fun fact: Yuba City and Marysville are twin cities separated by the Feather River. Both cities are the seats of their respective counties. Yet Yuba City is the seat of Sutter County while Marysville is the seat of Yuba County.
My first trip to California was a family road trip to Disneyland when I was 7 years old. Yuba City had just been named "least livable city in the USA" so we drove out of our way to check out the town :)

I found this article by googling. I even remember the catchy song, which @Darren S might enjoy :)

Nullspace: I'd rather live in Yuba City than in Pittsburgh, PA

Check this out. Added two new filters to the horse race chart that enable some fascinating ways to narrow the list of competitors.

One filter lets you choose only competitors between a defined range of total supercharger visits. In the visualization, it is called "Total SCs visited." In the graphic below, I narrowed the view to only those competitors with 400-600 visits. That's just me, @IT Geek, and @NKYTA. The annotations show how to adjust and use the filter. So, if you're @bmah, you might set it to 70-90. What's so neat about this as compared to the graphic in our spreadsheet is that the upper and lower bounds can be set by you between 0 and the maximum number of superchargers visited by the leader.

The second filter is labeled "Running Sum of visits." In human language, it would be this: show me the total number of supercharger visits over time for each competitor but only during the window from X to Y supercharger visits.

In the second graphic below, I combined the two filters to create a view that does the following
  • Shows only competitors with 300+ supercharger visits
  • Shows their plots only from the time they crossed 200 visits to the time they crossed 300 visits. @Darren S and @Tdreamer are almost vertical lines through this window. @PLUS EV is just a dot because we don't have good date data for his visits back then, which is something Darren and @JSergeant are trying to dig deep into history to see if they can reconstruct.
Of course, all the other filters remain active and work in concert with the filters above. So, you could narrow to just competitors from the West coast, or select only a specific set of competitors, or down select to specific countries.

Finally, I discovered that Tableau allows anyone to download the data set that is behind any specific visualization. The second graphic below shows where to click to get the data. So, for instance, if you wanted to conclusively show who went from 0-100 the quickest, you would open all filters to include all values and then set "Running Sum of visits" to 0 and 100. Then, click the data download and import to a spreadsheet for easy calculations to see minimum time between 0 and 100.

horse race filter by supercharger visit count.jpg

horse race filter by supercharger visit count and time between2.jpg

Attachments

• horse race filter by supercharger visit count and time between.jpg
    horse race filter by supercharger visit count and time between.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 24
Check this out.
In a stunning development today, Tesla announced that they are acquiring a little-known visualization and presentation custom-development enterprise. Little is known about this company except that they have been publishing a supercharger usage report that is literally compelling Tesla owners to do more driving. When asked for a comment, Elon Musk said, "I don't know what the magic is, but I love the look of the data on the MCU. We need to infuse this insanity into all our owner base and this is the best way to do it." Someone who is believed to be the owner is quoted as saying, "Can't talk; there's a new charger open in Maryland I need to drive to."

What's so neat about this as compared to the graphic in our spreadsheet is that the upper and lower bounds can be set by you between 0 and the maximum number of superchargers visited by the leader.
Very nice! This is much easier.

I have been doing this with the graph you created in the spreadsheet with filter views (data->filter view). There are some that are defined, or anyone can create their own to filter competitors by visits (or any other criteria).