Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone done the numbers to know at what point the 1 month subscription is worthwhile versus paying the full amount?
My daughter did it for her Ioniq 5 based on a recent 5 day trip which took in Bathurst and a couple of other places. At a differential of 13c per kWHrs, that is 77kwhrs for break even on one month. Or about one full charge for an Ioniq 5. She would get the subscription if doing the same trip again.

My daughter did it for her Ioniq 5 based on a recent 5 day trip which took in Bathurst and a couple of other places. At a differential of 13c per kWHrs, that is 77kwhrs for break even on one month. Or about one full charge for an Ioniq 5. She would get the subscription if doing the same trip again.
Thanks - definitely seems like subscribing for 1-month at a time when going on trips would be the way to go.

It would be nice if Tesla gave the discounted rate to people who own a Tesla, but are charging their second non-Tesla car. I get why not, but I can hope.

Going on a road trip in my Tesla along with another brand EV over the next holiday. It won't be as fun where we both have to charge at different charging locations along the way... waiting. If both of us turn up to a non-Tesla charger, what are the chances that the 2-stall units will have 1 down/occupied? *high* Will probably ... dunno what we'd do. Just make our own way up i suppose and meet up at accommodation at night. hah.
If we pretend long queues don't exist, then universal supercharging would be good.

Interesting he seemed to be charging to 100%. Fortunately the whole place looks rather empty so not disadvantaging anyone.
My daughter has an Ioniq 5 and was recently at Bathurst where there was a little queue for the public charger and she was eyeing off the empty Tesla Superchargers. She said she would probably buy a one month subscription before a planned road trip as long as she could then cancel it at just under one month. That would make it worthwhile for her with the Supercharger cost and the enhanced charging options plus reliability of the Tesla network.
The 100% charge will be for testing purposes. The Atto has enough range to charge to 80% and get going on the vast majority of occasions, especially if the driver has the confidence that the next charging stop will be a multi stall reliable Supercharger.

Reactions: Chuq
Good to see the Atto is front-right which works as well as back left at a Supercharger.
Assume that refers to 'Traitor Tom' :) at Bathurst with an Atto3

But a lot won't work so well.

And even though the Taycan is front-right it struggles at the end-mounted Superchargers due to how far back the CCS2 port is.

In the app

5EC08ECA-EBED-4416-A295-604EF9A4CF17_1_105_c.jpeg

I think Tesla got the pricing wrong, they could monetize the network quite a bit more.
Cost is a little too good value for non-Tesla's at $10 per month, it really should be something like $20 per month for a full 12-month subscription and perhaps $30-$40 for a month to month.
I think they should and will up the prices if they eventually open most if not all of the SC's, remembering this is just a test for now.

Agreed. It's been €20 in Europe, but obviously more sites.

Also per Ludicrous Feed twitter thread, Tesla has been removing the bump stops from these trial sites (as well as Tenterfield), which should make it easier for the front-side charging cars to make the cables reach.

I'm disappointed. The supercharger network was Teslas main selling point for me. Now I have to contend with non Tesla's. A bit selfish yes, but disappointed none the less