Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Photo Yuma Supercharger just now! Still a little work to go!!
IMG_9163.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

More pictures of Yuma AZ
IMG_9164.JPG
IMG_9165.JPG
IMG_9166.JPG

Photos Yuma Supercharger Construction today. There is a lot to do on Main Street a block away and the Hilton is right there! There is also a walking tour along the river with many many informational graphics about the history of Yuma AZ. There is also a museum a block in the other direction that showcases Yuma's history in detail.

In response to the recargo web site.. Yes, it is accurate. I agree coming soon always is relative, but rest assured these will be operational within two weeks!

IMG_9163.JPG
IMG_9164.JPG
IMG_9165.JPG
IMG_9166.JPG

Last edited:
Decided to check out Yuma yesterday, so did the Surprise to Yuma to Quartzite, back to Surprise route. No surprises. Border check point between Yuma and Quartzite was interesting as the guard wanted to talk about the car. Took 10 minutes to get away. I wasn't the first at Yuma, as there was a car just finishing up his charge and heading back to San Diego when I arrived. Since none of these driving spans was particularly long, I didn't bother with taking down stats.

Yuma Supercharger -- A Strange Location, and Not Much To Do

Weekend roadtrip from Phoenix to a regional swim meet in Yuma (for my son, not me). Perfect opportunity to check off two more AZ superchargers, Gila Bend and Yuma.

Gila Bend was the typical Carl's Jr. installation at the extreme west edge of town. It's a lot like Quartzite.

Gila Bend to Yuma is a stretch in a 60kWh. Not much elevation change, but watch that speed, especially if there is any headwind. We pulled into the Yuma supercharger with 24 rated miles remaining -- pretty close to what we projected, but to get there I did drop my speed down to 75 mph on the highway. Needing to range-charge to get back to Gila Bend today, I sat longer than I would have liked and endured the full charging taper. There really isn't much to do at the Yuma location. Once you've looked at the locomotive and read the historical marker plaques, you're kinda done. Brat House is the only food option I found and that wasn't open in the morning. So, bring a book or something to occupy your time if you need a full charge.

It just seems like an odd location choice for Tesla.

But I'm still glad there is one in Yuma!