Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do the DC-area MS owners ever do meetups? I take delivery on March 29th and was curious how many of us are in the vicinity. :)

There are quite a few owners in the area. The recent All Superchargers Lead to DC event had 50+ cars, of which about half were from the MD/VA/DC vicinity. There is a subforum in the MidAtlantic section where threads on get-togethers pop up from time to time; I think a number of owners are regulars at the Katie's Cars and Coffee in Great Falls, though I haven't been.

Kind of cold and crappy for a car meet up now, but I'm sure there will be more in the spring. I'm also thinking about taking the MS out to one of the SCCA autocrosses this year, just for the hell of it.

In addition to the TeslaRoadTrip event (All Superchargers Lead to DC) ~2 weeks ago, there was also a National Plug-In Day event in Herndon in late September, where I think there were 10-12 Model S and 3-4 Roadsters, along with quite a few other EVs. I also remember reading about a meetup at Tyson's Corner in late spring last year, as well as another regular Cars and Coffee event at a nearby Kohl's, but I've only been to TeslaRoadTrip and National Plug-In Day.

Will try to take a trip over to the mall today to see if they have cordoned off any part of the lot. But it is probably still too soon for any movement of that nature.

I have not seen any signs of constructions yet or heard of anything either. I am in the fire dept and the mall comes under my area. We would normally heard about any major construction thats going to happen soon. I am actually on duty right now and will try to swing by there this evening and keep you guys updated.

I was down at ikea yesterday and took a quick loop around the lot. Didn't see anything obvious. There's some renovation of the mall itself but that's been going on for a while and appears unrelated.

Wanted some Chipotle anyway, so took a spin around the lot and also didn't see anything that would indicate anything yet. It is a big lot though so having a couple people go look probably doesn't hurt! I would think they would either want it placed at the side where the theater is (because of all the restaraunts on that side) or over on the opposite side near where the Red Robin is, again because that is the heaviest collection of food joints are.

I was thinking the same thing. Those are also the two areas with the biggest (empty) lots. OTOH, access to power may dictate the choice. I think the main power lines are on the other side of the lot, away from the freeway.

I was thinking it would be on the side near IKEA. That seems to have the most available parking but you can still walk to the mall and restaurants. If they put it near the theater or Red Robin there are going to be a lot of ICE problems.

I was thinking it would be on the side near IKEA. That seems to have the most available parking but you can still walk to the mall and restaurants. If they put it near the theater or Red Robin there are going to be a lot of ICE problems.

That is an aweful long way to walk. Middle of the day Sunday, and there were plenty of spots open on both the theater side and the Red Robin side. You are only hitting 8-10 spots at the end of one of the many lots there, I wouldnt see it being a huge issue.

I'm assuming this one is now under construction based on the Hawthorne map. Can anyone check?

Dashboard-21.JPG