Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Wifi (Mercury) Supposed to Autoconnect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been to several superchargers now and at each one, I can search and see the Tesla wifi (I think it's called ..."Mercury", or something like that).
I've also read that the car should connect automatically, but it doesn't.

While sitting in the car, I can search open networks and I do see it, and a button is there labeled "Connect" (I thought it would be automatic?)
But upon clicking "connect" it just spins an icon for a few minutes, then back to the main list. Nothing happens. Doesn't even ask for a password (but shouldn't anyway if it auto-connects?)

Am I missing something?

Thanks

I've been to several superchargers now and at each one, I can search and see the Tesla wifi (I think it's called ..."Mercury", or something like that).

While sitting in the car, I can search open networks and I do see it, and a button is there labeled "Connect" (I thought it would be automatic?)
But upon clicking "connect" it just spins an icon for a few minutes, then back to the main list. Nothing happens. Doesn't even ask for a password (but shouldn't anyway if it auto-connects?)

Am I missing something?

Thanks
From what I can find, the public one is called "tesla-vehicle" for sites equipped with it. Not sure what "Mercury" is. Where are you reading that is part of Tesla wifi?

From what I can find, the public one is called "tesla-vehicle" for sites equipped with it. Not sure what "Mercury" is. Where are you reading that is part of Tesla wifi?
I believe the "vehicle" one is at their Service Centers.
"Mercury" is the one provided at superchargers.

Just can't figure out why my car doesn't auto-connect at the superchargers

Am I missing something?

Thanks
Hi Brian , wondering if you ever figured out a username and password for TeslaWiFi _Mercury? I’m in CA at an underground mall where they have superchargers and Mercury always pops up as a choice , I tried my Tesla account username and password , doesn’t work of course that would be way to easy, if you have any additional info that would be great . Thx

Sitting at Rocky Hill CT Supercharger now - my 2018 Model S has connected to Tesla WiFi Mercury all by itself - is this available for other devices too? Password?

IMG_1918.jpeg

Reactions: brianbcc
I wonder if there is a place to log Superchargers that have this WiFi. It is certainly not fast like StarLink equipped sites that identify as Tesla Service, I’ve been downloading an update for several days of stops now.

Just driving across country this week and would love to log where I see wifi. To start: Freeport, ME

IMG_1080.jpeg

I didn't understand from your original message you are having trouble connecting to WiFi at a Tesla Supercharger you regularly go to that is showing Tesla_Service as the WAN name? Or is it like my photo above, now showing TeslaWiFi_xxxx ?

I know the Tesla_Service WiFi sites all use a password already built into the Teslas, it's possible that they are rolling out a new scheme with the planet named TeslaWiFi's around the country. Perhaps the cars will get the passwords in a future SW update. Would be great if we could track the info, but I have been unable to get the guys at Supercharge.info and Supercharging.life interested in providing a place to log that data.