Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - White River, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on a phone discussion I just had with someone at the ESSO in White River, The Tesla supercharger install there will be at the XTR gas station with construction imminent or already occurring (The lady I was speaking to said she expected it to be ready in one month). I am assuming we would want to call this Permitted until there is confirmation of dirt movement. :)

Based on a phone discussion I just had with someone at the ESSO in White River, The Tesla supercharger install there will be at the XTR gas station with construction imminent or already occurring (The lady I was speaking to said she expected it to be ready in one month). I am assuming we would want to call this Permitted until there is confirmation of dirt movement. :)
Thanks. Updated Supercharge Info. As Terrace Bay is already on there, it won’t appear on the Changes list.

White River, ON

Along National Highways: TCH/ON-17
Along Provincial Highways (<=5mi): ON-101
Along Routes: None

TCH/ON-17

To: Wawa, ON (Construction) - 91.2 km
Diversion: -0.1 km
To: Sault Ste Marie, ON (Construction) - 310.6 km

To: Sudbury, ON - 616.7 km

Another filler for Western Ontario.

Last edited:
Yes, they are installing V3 at lots of TCH sites, however that's a good point - I don't think these are confirmed. At least, nothing mentioned in these threads. I'll clear the speed for these ones for the time being - they can always be added back later.
Quick note re: supercharge.info data on the ON buildouts - some show 4 bays (Batchawana) and some show 8 (Blind River) while most show 6 - every station we've seen so far in Ontario seems confirmed to have 6 stalls (and SSM is confirmed 250kWa/V3) so I'm guessing this is just a data issue

Quick note re: supercharge.info data on the ON buildouts - some show 4 bays (Batchawana) and some show 8 (Blind River) while most show 6 - every station we've seen so far in Ontario seems confirmed to have 6 stalls (and SSM is confirmed 250kWa/V3) so I'm guessing this is just a data issue
And of course shortly after I post this, we received word that Wawa is a 4 stall installation, which tosses that hoped-for simple consistency out the window. :confused:

Reactions: Vawlkus
I was taking a hunch at the beginning, but it turns out that Wawa is indeed only 4 stalls.
ED4EB29C-4E45-40A7-8D47-6A6125932628.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
And of course shortly after I post this, we received word that Wawa is a 4 stall installation, which tosses that hoped-for simple consistency out the window. :confused:
This is weird. White River will be a 6-stall location. Electrical setup is complete. Only things left are the tidying up and the “Tesla-fying” of the site, and then of course the wait for the pedestals. Photo by Angelo on PlugShare.
7DAF8AC8-775C-4C5F-A6DB-6F73AA96F6A9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is weird. White River will be a 6-stall location. Electrical setup is complete. Only things left are the tidying up and the “Tesla-fying” of the site, and then of course the wait for the pedestals. Photo by Angelo on PlugShare.View attachment 451859

That was an easy site prep. No asphalt to remove. I wonder if Tesla will install parking pads of some kind.

I wonder if they will tap into the overhead wires something like what was done in Gallup, NM.

5BA1AF0A-B97D-42B1-B7D6-86C207D0A4D9.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: trace
Why on Earth do they place them where ICE vehicles are most likely to park???

Most lots have a corner where they're much less likely to...

The most common answer is that they place the stalls where they have easy access to the electricity supply. Sometimes this is from a transformer on the edge of the property, but sometimes it is from the building itself. Digging a trench from the building to the corner of the parking area can increase the installation cost by thousands, or tens of thousands of dollars.

Why on Earth do they place them where ICE vehicles are most likely to park???

Most lots have a corner where they're much less likely to...
And don't forget this is White River with a population of 645. It is approximately halfway between TBay and the Soo. There may not be 5,000 people living within 200km of the site. It wasn't even accessible by cars until 1961!

White River is a township located in Ontario, Canada, on the intersection of Highway 17 and Highway 631. It was originally set up as a rail town on the Canadian Pacific Railway in 1885. In 1961, it was finally made accessible by car via Highway 17 of the Trans-Canada Highway.

The forest industry was the largest employer until 2007, when the Domtar mill shut down.[citation needed] In 2013, the Domtar assets were purchased by the Township of White River and the Pic Mobert First Nation along with private partners. The mill was then reopened, with significant investment in new equipment, as White River Forest Products LP.[2]

The township is perhaps best known for being the home of Winnie the Pooh. In August 1914, a trapped black bear cub was sold to Captain Harry Colebourn in White River, and Colebourn named it Winnipeg, or Winnie, after his hometown of Winnipeg, Manitoba. Over the years, the animal became the basis for the popular literary character. The town celebrates "Winnie's Hometown Festival" every third week in August.