Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Strasburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you heard any news at all about a SC along I-66 closer to Front Royal or perhaps around Culpepper for those going to the VA countryside for daytrips?

Front Royal is very unlikely to get a Supercharger due to the close proximity to Strasburg. However, eventually there may be CHAdeMO stations installed near Culpeper and Front Royal. There are already three CHAdeMOs in Charlottesville.

No power, but the chargers have been labeled.
image.jpg

Some progress has been made. It is a different label then normal too.

I wonder if Strasburg will be delayed until the investigation in Norfolk is resolved with it being in the same state?

I was wondering that too. I find it remarkable that the Norfolk supercharger is still
shut down 2 weeks after the accident especially since it was operational and listed as open for a few days prior. Strasburg appears in a fully functional state (like Norfolk) but still on hold for some reason.

I'm starting out in Greensboro, NC so I will not have a full charge - only one Level 2 in Lexington according to PlugShare which will only get me a few extra miles. Ordered a Chademo but it has not arrived yet...

PLEASE Tesla, if you read this, turn it on!!!!

Why don't you charge up at Elon University Destination Charger? 100 Campus Dr, Elon, NC 27244 It's on your navigation system in your car and also on Tesla's website.

Burlington, NC supercharger is only ~20 minutes from Greensboro. Seems like that small backtrack would be less time than any time spent on L2 charging.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the wonderful offers.

I will be starting out from Greensboro with a range charge from my buddy's 14-30 overnight so I should have 270 rated to begin +/-.

147 miles to VMI up mountains, etc so I should get to VMI with about 35% or so left I figure.

It's 110 miles to the Denny's in Strasburg so I will NEED to get a charge in Lexington (according to EV I will need 152 RM to get there), I am hoping the Level 2 is open and available to get me enough charge to get to the Denny's and that the SC is open (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE) otherwise I will need to charge at the ONE Chademo along the way in Staunton and pray it actually works...

First road trip with the wife who keeps asking why don't we just take the ICE....I don't want to!!!!

I asked the folks in Charlottesville if they had a permit and they said that they did not. They were very helpful and when I described potential locations that made sense to me she said that the permits for those locations would likely be issued by Albermarle County. Unfortunately, the good folks at the county have not been very helpful. Every time I've called thus far I get voice mail and the one time I left a message they did not return my call, possibly because my area code indicates that I don't live in the country.

Norfolk was so easy to track down that I got overconfident.