Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Strasburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was here last night and had a scare. Stall 3A was plugged in and charging normally, but suddenly it stopped charging and gave an error to try and reconnect and charge. Went out to disconnect, it was super tight and hot. Finally got it removed and had a burning smell from the plug, with a gooey something oozing out from one of the prongs on the plug like it melted (but looked ok-ish, it was too dark to look closely). Checked my car's port and luckily no damage. Went to another stall and charged successfully, and again in other chargers on my way too. So the car is fine, but stall 3A is not.
Can someone please tell me how to report to Tesla?

I was here last night and had a scare. Stall 3A was plugged in and charging normally, but suddenly it stopped charging and gave an error to try and reconnect and charge. Went out to disconnect, it was super tight and hot. Finally got it removed and had a burning smell from the plug, with a gooey something oozing out from one of the prongs on the plug like it melted (but looked ok-ish, it was too dark to look closely). Checked my car's port and luckily no damage. Went to another stall and charged successfully, and again in other chargers on my way too. So the car is fine, but stall 3A is not.
Can someone please tell me how to report to Tesla?
Supposedly, they already know based on data sent from the vehicle but I have gone through the "Contact Us" on the website before to give them a heads up. Also, if you happen to know one of the mobile Rangers, you could drop them a text, as well.

Supposedly, they already know based on data sent from the vehicle but I have gone through the "Contact Us" on the website before to give them a heads up. Also, if you happen to know one of the mobile Rangers, you could drop them a text, as well.

Thanks. Unfortunately I was traveling and don't know any mobile rangers in that area. But I used online chat from the Contact Us page. The agent took all the details from me and said will forward to the right team to get it checked.

For future reference, don't Supercharger pedestals have a contact number right on them? I can't say whether Strasburg does or not, but I know I've seen them on other pedestals in the area:
upload_2021-1-12_10-8-15.png