Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Slidell, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It has indeed started constructionist! Pedestals are already going up. For those of you who want to come see, its closest to the Capital One bank and is surrounded by chain link fence covered with black cloth to screen it off.

Last edited:
Taken tonight

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 150
OK, thank you for the picture.
So, for future reference, things to look out for are:
- Supercharger cabinets, distribution cabinets and enclosure. They're on a slab together.
- Transformer slab, transformer and meter. Meter stands next to transformer (if transformer on ground).
- Supercharger pedestal, covers and charging cables.

When you see all of those in it's close to opening.

Here's another view from the shopping center website annotated to show store locations. You can see where Capital One is, and the supercharger is between that and Pier 1 Imports. I don't know how to mark it myself to show the supercharger location like Mike did; he is correct on the map he posted, I just thought I'd share this one showing the stores.
Fremaux Town Center.jpg

I'll try and get over there in the next day or so and update everybody.

Mike
Thanks for the annotated map and continuing updates. It will be exciting to have New Orleans visits be less fraught with the perenially difficult CHAdeMO at Rouses or slow charging at Whole Foods. No question I appreciate those options and the others too, but the Slidell Supercharger has my own bank next door as well as decent shopping etc. That is not to mention the gap between Mobile and Baton Rouge. Color me excited!

Slidell, LA Progress Update

As promised, I went by the Slidell, LA location this morning. This thing is not going to be long before opening IMO. The transformer is installed, the chargers are installed (4 chargers for an 8 bay location), the switchgear is installed.

Mike

20160128_154058918_iOS.jpg

20160128_154431040_iOS.jpg

20160128_154600246_iOS.jpg