Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Richmond VIC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back on topic,

Congratulations Melbourne your new Supercharger in Richmond is now the southern most Superchargers in the world having taken the Crown from Star City in Sydney.

Yes Congratulaions, Looks like this will last for a while, I guess at least a few years before Hobart has a service centre although it would be good if TAS introduced Norway like incentives given the local renewable electricity supply. Warrnambool should probably be next in 2016 or 2017.

Evan Keith (@evcricket) has it on his Twitter and Instagram feed
7a237491ffc49851ee9dec897de8c3b6.jpg

Sorry to resurrect an ancient thread but only having these 4 superchargers for the whole of Melbourne is utterly stupid.
Not really considering the best place for superchargers is actually on the open roads on long trips. If you are stopped for more than a couple of hours then a 22kW AC charger is just as effective and can be installed for about $2k including wiring. If you are staying at a hotel or whatever then charging overnight is much more convenient than visiting a supercharger - and unless you have free supercharging, is much cheaper as well.

Eg. when I travel from Sydney-Canberra I don't bother with the Canberra supercharger - I just stay at a hotel with charging and the car is full the next morning.

Um alot of trips end at capital cities. I just did one. I can tell you it sucked to have to wait for an hour to START charging when you have just driven 2000kms. First world problem, but really one easily fixed.

Once you accept there is a need (and if there wasn't why have any superchargers in Melbourne by your logic) then you may as well ensure that need is fully fulfilled.