Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rancho Cucamonga, CA - Foothill Blvd. (LIVE 22 Sep 2021, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back-in pedestals can be installed either between the cars perpendicular to the curb, or parallel to and behind the curb. The latter was probably not chosen because of the mature landscaping behind the curb.
Not sure why they didn't choose back in with pedestals perpendicular to the curb, between the stalls. This would be like the setup at Irvine Culver (See attached)

The Cucamonga Foothill setup reminds me of Hawthorne SpaceX (V3 expansion) and Buena Park SC setup with the pedestal, perpendicular to the curb in pull in config. The advantage I can see is being able to park perpendicular to the pedestal in the aisle and still be able to charge without unhitching a trailer which I've done this at Buena Park SC (see attached)

Attachments

• IMG_20210417_191811.jpg
    IMG_20210417_191811.jpg
    582.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20190719_123726__01.jpg
    IMG_20190719_123726__01.jpg
    609.6 KB · Views: 71
Went by today but unfortunately Combine was closed. Did a back in test. It's much easier to park backing in, but gotta a bit more careful pulling out to not clip the pole and pedestal by turning out too early.

IMG_20210902_180901.jpg

I also had some construction work completed on my house and while checking my permit, I also figured out the supercharger. The address is indeed 12750 Foothill Blvd. No final inspection scheduled yet.

Screenshot_20210902-121239__01.jpg

Screenshot_20210902-121516__01.jpg

Went by today but unfortunately Combine was closed. Did a back in test. It's much easier to park backing in, but gotta a bit more careful pulling out to not clip the pole and pedestal by turning out too early.
It would be even easier to back in if the stalls were positioned to support charging that way. I guess one benefit to having the stalls out front making the spaces more difficult to park in is that it discourages ICEing. Not sure if that's worth it in this location. Some have found the similar setup at the original Manteca chargers challenging to negotiate.