Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Placerville, CA - Broadway (LIVE Aug 30, 2019, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EB0D73CB-BD11-4CF6-BB01-2FF2E7BAD228.jpeg
There are also Chargepoint AC and fast chargers across the lot in the same area.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
Headed to Sacramento today and Placerville popped up on the map in my car. It’s just off 50 in town near Rite aid with good food options. It’s open and I’m charging. V2
Still some landscaping tools on site.
It’s not on the map yet at Supercharge.info
I’m at Taco Bell, the charger is where my car’s triangle is.
12 chargers total.
Wow, that’s a surprise! Nice find. This thread has been dormant for over three years, so long that there isn’t even a gray pin on the Tesla website Find Us map.
9DABDEAE-795E-47C1-9E1D-7DF656727A38.jpeg

Just so you intrepid owners know:

Caltrans is planning to close US50 for about two weeks over Echo Summit to reinforce and/or replace a bridge and other highway work.

I believe that they estimate the closure to start around the equinox. Detours will be in effect, primarily taking SR16 to north of Jackson, and then across SR88 to reach South Shore via SR89 or the junction with US395 at Minden, Nevada.

If you plan trips to Tahoe or east of there, better check road conditions before you head out.

• Informative
Reactions: Blu Zap and Jazz3D
Placerville, CA

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-50
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-50

To: Stateline, NV - 61.7 miles
Diversion: 0.2 miles
To: Green River, UT - 736 miles

• Informative
Reactions: EVie'sDad
I just looked at Supercharge.info and the address is wrong. This is accessed from Broadway Street. The Spanish Ravine Rd address may take someone into the neighborhood behind it. It’s directly behind McDonalds but over the canal bridge. It’s easier to access from the Rite Aid parking lot.

• Helpful
Reactions: MarcoRP
I cannot figure out that first perpendicular charger. If someone was towing they would still have to block two stalls to charge if they did not unhook. But I guess that is better than blocking all the stalls.

Also while technically on Spanish Ravine Rd it appears there is a locked gate at that point so the real way is to go through Mcdonalds on Broadway. That ought to make for some interesting whining later.:)

Reactions: KathyApplebaum
General overview of the Superchargers in Placerville. From the photos it looks as if there was work being done on the electrical cabinets (Photo 2). ChargePoint chargers adjacents to 1st row of Superchargers. Photos from Superchargers app on iOS
9DB9888F-C850-47CD-B001-B02B1BA735E4.jpeg
EC6EA794-D70A-4D0D-A0ED-D6ABC4E71299.jpeg
C6B2A1F7-147D-464F-936E-B81F337B1A01.jpeg
9C21935A-AF7E-43DB-BA9D-C1B7AE2368F6.jpeg

I cannot figure out that first perpendicular charger. If someone was towing they would still have to block two stalls to charge if they did not unhook. But I guess that is better than blocking all the stalls.
The Hollister CA Supercharger has a stall like that. Because there is an unusually large amount of space available it is possible to charge in that stall without unhitching and without blocking traffic. But it looks like that would not be advisable at this Placerville location.