Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Placerville, CA - Broadway (LIVE Aug 30, 2019, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometime after the Placerville, CA Supercharger location on Missouri Flat Rd. became operational, this location on Broadway (which was originally just called "Placerville, CA") became known as "Placerville, CA - Broadway" on the in-car nav, but confusingly is still called "Placerville, CA" on the Tesla "find us" map). I'm going to update the thread title here to try to reflect this.

IMG_7708.JPG

@Chuq @corywright @MarcoRP Have fun with this one guys! 😎

Bruce.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: corywright
Sometime after the Placerville, CA Supercharger location on Missouri Flat Rd. became operational, this location on Broadway (which was originally just called "Placerville, CA") became known as "Placerville, CA - Broadway" on the in-car nav, but confusingly is still called "Placerville, CA" on the Tesla "find us" map). I'm going to update the thread title here to try to reflect this.

@Chuq @corywright @MarcoRP Have fun with this one guys! 😎

Bruce.
I've just updated it to follow your lead :)

• Helpful
Reactions: corywright and bmah
A bit off topic but here goes. Twice, just before the Caldor Fire, I had to take two trips to Lake Tahoe and decided to charge up before I got home (just 7 miles from Placerville so no need really). I had not been to the Missouri Flat charger before. I tried that out and can report it was efficient but totally boring and hot. Two other cars were there the 30 minutes I charged.

The next trip my wife and I decided we needed Starbuck Frappuccino's so I stopped there first and then hit the Broadway charger in the same parking lot. There were about 4 other cars in the 30 minutes I was there and I figured the free supercharging paid for my two Frappuccino's. And the environment was much more appealing. 🙂

I keep frustraiting myself at two chargers (1B and 2A) at this location. For eome reason over the last year they will not lock on my car and when inserted it clicks and then just turns white. Stupidly tried both before moving to 2B for a successful charge yesterday.

Tried calling Tesla support to report the issue but after being on hold for 15 minutes gave up. Not the company it used to be.

• Informative
Reactions: ohmman and bmah