Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oklahoma City, OK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you, I expect to do quite a bit of regular travel to OKC beginning in August and am hopeful it will be up by then. Otherwise, I may need to go ahead and buy the CHAdeMO adapter to use the available spot there.

Thanks again

You are most welcome.

I would hope that this location would be operational by August, but there have been some locations that cannot seem to catch a break (located on an Indian burial ground or something...).
Until the last domino falls, consider the Supercharger location to not be Open for business.

Has anyone used the new supercharger yet? Just looking for confirmation that they are good and live as it still doesn't show up on the supercharger map.
My Tesla was just delivered at the end of June. We went by and tried the supercharger on July 1st or 2nd, I don't remember exactly. The construction was complete but there was no power. I tried to plug in and the dash said to check the connection or something like that. So apparently not on line yet. I called Tesla while I was there and they said they didn't show it as being online and did not have a scheduled date either.

Update

These are not liquid cooled, but have many options nearby for food. The lights were not on last night so I assume that means it is still not done. The wooden storage area was left open overnight. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• 20150713_224957.jpg
    20150713_224957.jpg
    653.7 KB · Views: 1,016
  • 20150713_225044.jpg
    20150713_225044.jpg
    545.8 KB · Views: 991
  • 20150713_224922.jpg
    20150713_224922.jpg
    579.1 KB · Views: 997
Reddy,
After you and your wife are done eating and shopping and if you have a bit of time and interest, two things I did yesterday:

**OKC Museum of Modern Art, has one of if not the largest Dale Chihuly Collections on the 3rd Floor (permanent Collection).
Really worth it to spend time wandering thru it.
They also currently have a Fabrege traveling collection of items and eggs made for the Russian Czars, it will be there until sometime in September.

I got lost in OKC yesterday, yet there is an upside.
**While driving Eastbound on I-40, I went past/thru the AFB there.
And they had a small but interesting collection of "planes" parked next to the freeway.

A couple of the lot:
Older version of Air Force One (727?)
A-10 Thunderbolt (Warthog)
SR-71, Blackbird (I have seen two or three others)

I did see there is a visitor's gate, don't know if that will grant you access to go inside and view the planes or not.

About three blocks away from the Museum (Downtown) is the OKC Memorial.
It might be a bit warm to walk three or four blocks, so consider re-parking if you go to visit.

If Modern Art is not your thing, there is an outstanding Country Western Museum also in OKC.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DriverOne
On Saturday evening @ the Wichita Supercharger I ran into an owner with a (new) Ocean Blue 85D.
He was from OKC and had already charged @ the OKC Supercharger on Saturday morning.

And I used it Saturday afternoon, so it is fully operational.

That was me. I'm sorry we didn't get to visit more. Let me know if you're ever in the OKC area, you're welcome to stop in and top off or just visit.

Greg

I charged here Saturday evening and the mall was a zoo. Cars and trucks parked on the grass and three spots were ice'd. I was surprised that it was only three as I was nervous when I saw how busy it was. As I needed a long charge before overnighting in OKC and then onto Denton the following morning we stopped and had dinner at BJ's. One spot was still ice'd when I left.

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
This is my review of this SpC location based on our recent trip:

Location - pretty easy to find. Only about 2 minutes off I-40. The SCs are physically in the parking lot of The Outlet Shoppes of Oklahoma City.

Charging rate - excellent. Followed the general rule of (125kW - battery SOC) rate.

Facilities - close to 2 restaurants (Ted's Cafe Escondido and BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse) as well as the outlet mall stores.

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Anybody hear any news about SC activity in Eastern Oklahoma? There is still quite a hole on I-40 between Memphis and OKC.
Little Rock will be done soon. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Tesla has Henryetta as a possible location in their latest 2017 map.

At Oklahoma City supercharger now. 8 cars waiting. I started at 12% and only got 63kW. Stall 4B is not working. Avoid this stop if you can.
63 kW is expected for a full V2 site. 72 kW minus battery heating and climate control.

Unfortunately, there are no construction new sites under construction in Oklahoma, so this high demand is likely to continue for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: starman27