Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Off-Peak Rates Gets Massive Price Increase - Florida

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received the following email from Tesla on June 13, 2023...

Starting Tuesday, June 13, charging rates and off-peak hours will change at select Superchargers. Avoid the rush and save on charging costs when you begin your charging session during off-peak hours. Tap the Supercharger map pins on your in-vehicle touch screen or mobile app to view rates.

To help you charge faster, use Trip Planner to automatically precondition your battery and make sure to arrive with less than 20 percent charge.

They were not kidding!!!... The prices tripled from 0.11/KW to 0.33/KW. :eek::eek::eek:

Not being able to charge at my condo, this made me look for other options. Now I am charging for free at work using 120V 20A circuit. Not ideal, but I break even on my 40 mile round trip commute. If it didn't get so hot it would be more miles, but come the afternoon and it drops from 16A to 8A. I can still just squeeze out the 15% increase, exactly how much is used to get me to/from work.

0.11 for public charging has to be some of the lowest. On my trips up and down the east coast, the avg has been ~0.36.

Idk about the economics in Florida, but looking into the news about electrical resources, weather events and/or government policy changes.

I’m curious as to why you can’t charge at your condo? Can you not run your charger to a 110v there? Is that against the rules? If so… can you change those dumb rules?

Not being able to charge at my condo, this made me look for other options. Now I am charging for free at work using 120V 20A circuit. Not ideal, but I break even on my 40 mile round trip commute. If it didn't get so hot it would be more miles, but come the afternoon and it drops from 16A to 8A. I can still just squeeze out the 15% increase, exactly how much is used to get me to/from work.
Turn off the cabin overheat protection or at least switch it to fan only.

0.11 for public charging has to be some of the lowest. On my trips up and down the east coast, the avg has been ~0.36.

Idk about the economics in Florida, but looking into the news about electrical resources, weather events and/or government policy changes.

I’m curious as to why you can’t charge at your condo? Can you not run your charger to a 110v there? Is that against the rules? If so… can you change those dumb rules?

It would be a major expense to get it setup at the condo and I am moving out in a few months.