Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newark, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have on my calendar that we were having an event at Newark this Sunday. Guess I read it on here at some point. Still happening? Haven't seen any mention of it in the last 10 pages or so. We should have a grand re-opening after the outage! :)

A&J are probably driving back "home" for sum delish Captain Marden's eats. :)

Heh!

I'm definitely having some homesickness... missing the New England Tesla community... missing the Watertown & Dedham service center crews... missing Legal Seafood (I know, I know, they have them in DC but dammit they're a New England institution!)... waaaaaah....

Not sure if your smiley is a joking smiley or not, but just so others are aware - I wouldn't trust the nav on this one. Newark was closed for days and the nav was still showing it open and was routing people through it.

Shortly after Newark went down the Nav indicated it was out of operation. The problem was that the "Beta" Trip Planner software did not take the real time status in to account and still routed people through Newark to charge.

If anyone is concerned and doesn't trust the in car navigation just call the 1-800-ILUV-TESLA (whatever the 800 number is) and ask them if it is operational.

Mike

First time supercharging today. Wish the charger had a longer reach. Had to get in very close. Also wish the area had an overhead shelter. Temperatures reached 101F there today. That charger handle was very hot. Interesting first experience. Just my two cents though.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    530.9 KB · Views: 58
First time supercharging today. Wish the charger had a longer reach. Had to get in very close. Also wish the area had an overhead shelter. Temperatures reached 101F there today. That charger handle was very hot. Interesting first experience. Just my two cents though.

I charge there at times. Two suggestions: Sunshade for the front windshield and park in the only spot with partial shade. From you picture it is open and in the far corner next to the tree

• Informative
Reactions: linkster