Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Camden, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a new Miss Utility Design ticket for Tesla at the Wawa at 200 East St, Camden, DE 19934. This Wawa is always busy but most Wawa are. I noticed on Tesla's Supercharger location site, a Smyrna, DE site was coming soon with a target opening date of Q2 2023. I was looking for it in Miss Utility and instead found the Camden, DE design ticket. The nice thing about the Camden Wawa location is there are many places to eat while charging including Wawa. Also close by/next door are Grotto Pizza, McDonalds, Five Guys, Chipotle and Papa Johns. Waffle House and Starbucks are across the highway from Papa Johns. Approximately .4 mile north is Dairy Queen. Approximately .4 mile to a little over 1 mile south is Walmart, Chick-fil-A, Dunkin/Baskin-Robbins, Applebee's, KFC, Bob Evans, Domino's, Texas Roadhouse, and Cheddar's. Google maps says Cheddar's, which is the farthest from Wawa, is approximately a 5-6 min walk. There is also a Lowes behind Cheddar's.

Places to eat

I was slightly surprised that when this Wawa opened last year it did not include Superchargers. It’s the only new Wawa in the state that I know of hasn’t come with Superchargers.

It is very busy but the parking lot is quite large. Good food nearby.

I spoke with the town. There has not been any permits applied for. They said Tesla and someone from the State of Delaware had identified this location as a possible site. Tesla said they were going to evaluate the site and see if it fits their criteria. Not a done deal yet.

I have been told that the owner of the property will not sign off on this project. Wawa rents the land, so I guess the installation has to be approved by the land owner. They will not sign off on it. Dead project.
That's a shame. This location has a big parking area for Superchargers. The Wawa on 1525 E Lebanon Rd does not have much parking. The Royal Farms on 6 West Lebanon Rd would be nice. They finally turned on 2 of their 4 Blink CCS charging stations. The Blink app says 2 are unavailable.

Reactions: Brown4141