Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger - Magog, Qc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As bad luck would have it, a line of powerful thunderstorms struck Québec last night and there were over 300 brownouts as a result. Power is sfill out in some places.

On Hydro-Quebec's page they say they have mobilized all their teams and even called in backup from New Brunswick to help. I wonder if the crews scheduled to energize the Magog and Place Vertu superchargers have been temporarily diverted to other duties.

Last year while in N.S. I took in a concert in Camden, Maine. I used the ChaDeMo at Darling's Nissan in Bangor both coming and going. They were very friendly. Then I used the SunCountry Highway chargers in Saint Stephen and Moncton and Sackville, N.B. And the ChaDeMo in Truro at the MicMac Centre. Timed them for meals and breaks and enjoyed the trip.

Basically figure on doing about the same and depending on the time of day, will stay overnight at one of the hotels with chargers. Last year left for the east coast from Ottawa because I was there at a conference and went via Riviere du Loup because the Augusta SC was not available then and stayed overnight at the hotel in Frederickton downtown that has a charger.

I was thinking of visiting friends in Halifax from the states in our 90D. My thoughts were to charge at Augusta and then overnight at an inn in St. Andrews with a 40A charger. The next day we would drive to St. Johns and ferry over to NS. We should have enough charge to get to our friends, but may want to stop at St. Marks Place near Bridgewater where they have two Tesla Chargers to get a buffer. I'll only have 110v available at our friends and would like to be able to use the car some when we arrive. Do you have any experience with the St. Marks location? Does this sound like a good plan. I've only had my car for a couple of months, and before a tackle a road trip on this magnitude, any local experience would be most appreciated. THX

I was thinking of visiting friends in Halifax from the states in our 90D. My thoughts were to charge at Augusta and then overnight at an inn in St. Andrews with a 40A charger. The next day we would drive to St. Johns and ferry over to NS. We should have enough charge to get to our friends, but may want to stop at St. Marks Place near Bridgewater where they have two Tesla Chargers to get a buffer. I'll only have 110v available at our friends and would like to be able to use the car some when we arrive. Do you have any experience with the St. Marks location? Does this sound like a good plan. I've only had my car for a couple of months, and before a tackle a road trip on this magnitude, any local experience would be most appreciated. THX
I have not used those chargers at St Marks since we go to the northern part of the province facing PEI (though I have noticed them on Plugshare). But do not get too worried since there really are plenty of chargers around. The biggest thing is to stop for lunch, or other breaks at a spot with a charger, and to just follow the directions of the terrific blog by Doug_G on this site called The Rules of Model S Road Tripping. And as far as using only a 110 v to charge I did it for my first six months of Model S ownership and it was fine, even at 6 km per hour charge after two full days and nights the car will charge about 300 km, plenty to get around, especially if you can stop at a spot with a charger when you are out on a day trip. Enjoy Nova Scotia.

Shows as online in the car's map this morning :)

magog.png

I know it's below zero on the importance list, but I would like to see a supercharger put in at the intersection of 89 and 91. That would really open up the northeast kingdom of VT, and most of northern NH and western Maine.

Hooksett to Magog straight up 89 in cold weather is pushing it in a 60. Diverting to West Leb is just out of the way. Again I know it's beyond low priority (I can't imagine northern NH and VT being Tesla dense areas) but it would make the trip much smoother. That one supercharger location would be open up so much of the area to exploring.

/edit Then again, 95 north up to into Maine needs some love also....