Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Little Rock, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it will be possible to plug in. Just extremely difficult. And they won't be able to place parking bumper so you will have to back all the way up to the cement curb. And then there are signs and lamp posts. Just doesn't look ideal at all.

IMG_0740.jpg
IMG_0742.jpg
IMG_0744.jpg
Pictures from earlier this evening. There won't be any problem connecting. My back tires were about 6 inches from the curb and rear of the car was about 18 inches from the charging sign.

This is a photo of the SC in Normal IL. It's in a parking deck and has been operational for a long time. Check out the thread. From what i can tell, no one has complained about access because of the orientation. That wall is a lot more confining than the curbs or light poles that many seem so concerned about.

But that is 2-3 feet more forward than the LR Supercharger setup. The new setup will probably work, but I'm not sure it is better than what they had.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
That wall is a lot more confining than the curbs or light poles that many seem so concerned about.

Agree to disagree about this. But yes, it is at least a similar setup and it works. In both cases, you have to juggle the cable around the bollards as snellenr pointed out. So they are awkward at the very least. It's not the disaster we thought it might have been, but I would say these setups are definitely not preferable to the typical back in spots.

I don't care if they are awkward as long as they are functioning
I have been waiting for a LR SC for 3 years

Yup, many owners have been waiting, especially from your state, Arkansas, Texas, etc.

Now all directions are covered for major routes out of Dallas for hundreds of miles.

Once Tupelo is completed, the same can be said of Memphis, although making it to Pearl, MS may be a stretch of anything less than a 90. Not sure of the realistic range for a 75D.

Reactions: Drucifer
Yup, many owners have been waiting, especially from your state, Arkansas, Texas, etc.

Now all directions are covered for major routes out of Dallas for hundreds of miles.

Once Tupelo is completed, the same can be said of Memphis, although making it to Pearl, MS may be a stretch of anything less than a 90. Not sure of the realistic range for a 75D.
Start looking for a Super Charger to pop up in Grenada. I've been looking for permits for the past few months. Hopefully something will pop up now that Tupelo construction is done.

9150330693_e9221c44ea-jpg.24533

This is a photo of the SC in Normal IL. It's in a parking deck and has been operational for a long time. Check out the thread. From what i can tell, no one has complained about access because of the orientation. That wall is a lot more confining than the curbs or light poles that many seem so concerned about.
Normal, IL... sigh. I've charged there a couple of times. The main reason nobody has complained about access is that by the time they hook up they're so exhausted by the trek from the highway to the center of town that they've reached the "OK, whatever..." zone. Imagine if Tesla had located the Colorado Springs SuperCharger at the top of Pike's Peak... :rolleyes:

Nice enough town, though, and glad for the electrons.

I did Hot Springs, AR to Memphis, TN recently, which is roughly the same as Memphis to Jackson, MS. Kept my speed at 65 and drafted behind a semi, but the 75D Model X had about 30 miles to spare.

The Memphis, Jackson TN, and Bowling Green Superchargers are all that way. I figured that was the norm and the one in Nashville was different. There is definitely no issues with clearance or other obstacles.

The superchargers you reference are back in style with the pedestal parallel to the curb. as are most superchargers. Whats being discussed is that this implementation is a back in style with the pedestal perpendicular to the curb, not parallel, so it's different than the norm.

This post earlier in the thread shows the difference:

Supercharger - Little Rock, AR