Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kettleman City, CA (LIVE 15 Nov 2017, 24 V2 + 16 V3 stalls, lounge)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charged up on Friday, September 19. The lounge is open M-F from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and weekends from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. The baristas are there to sell beverages and merchandise but you can’t stay inside. When entering the access code at the door it will not unlock, but will let them know you’re there and they’ll open the door. During off-hours there are restrooms at the southwest corner of the lot.

Charged up on Friday, September 19. The lounge is open M-F from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and weekends from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. The baristas are there to sell beverages and merchandise but you can’t stay inside. When entering the access code at the door it will not unlock, but will let them know you’re there and they’ll open the door. During off-hours there are restrooms at the southwest corner of the lot.
We were there not too long ago with the same protocols. Best thing to do is go to the patio which is right of the main entrance. There’s another entry door there where you can knock and make eye contact with the baristas. They will let you in where you can place your order and get your caffeine. And then, enjoy it outside at the outdoor tables. This is what we generally do because we have our dog with us whenever we’re passing through.

Was at Kettleman on Wed 9/23. Lounge still closed. Outside Men's bathroom hand dryer wasn't working, but someone had left napkins for others to use (thank you). v3 superchargers are located on row of chargers on the West side of lot, as seen here:
upload_2020-9-25_19-53-0.png

Early morning I’d rather stop at harris Ranch for better breakfast options.

I'll check out Harris next time I'm on that route. It was my first time driving thru that area, and where I needed a charge, so stopped at Kettleman. There's fast food across the street, Carl's Jr just adjacent, but preferred McD's, which is a 1 block walk and didn't mind stretching the legs. No indoor dining at McD's so brought breakfast back to car as such :p
upload_2020-9-28_10-10-45.png

I'll check out Harris next time I'm on that route. It was my first time driving thru that area, and where I needed a charge, so stopped at Kettleman. There's fast food across the street, Carl's Jr just adjacent, but preferred McD's, which is a 1 block walk and didn't mind stretching the legs. No indoor dining at McD's so brought breakfast back to car as such :p
View attachment 593058
I don’t like the McDonald’s but I love that set up :)

Reactions: Pluto
View attachment 593058
Can you drive like that?? I might need one of those trays when things go back to normal.

View attachment 593058

Where can I get that tray???