Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenwich CT - Merritt Parkway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I charged there earlier this evening (1/28) on the northbound. Used the one furthest from the entrance. Interestingly, my 60 kWh charged above 90 kW. The pack is now balanced too. :love:

- - - Updated - - -

Kudos to Connecticut for having 3 SC locations.

Ditto! This excellent as I hope to not use the I-95 chargers anymore!

Thank you again, @KButler, for the informative and not at all boring read - great to understand some of the many challenges behind this epic infrastructure buildout!

I'm heading down to NYC area on Saturday. Any update on the southbound service area from our local watchers, or do I have to take I-95?

Thank you again, @KButler, for the informative and not at all boring read - great to understand some of the many challenges behind this epic infrastructure buildout!

I'm heading down to NYC area on Saturday. Any update on the southbound service area from our local watchers, or do I have to take I-95?

Or take 2 U-turns on the Merritt :)

I'll probably stop at Milford on the way down and then get back on the Merritt. Use Greenwich on the way home.

An appropriate suggestion from a pinball enthusiast, Ed!

On my first supercharged roadtrip only Darien, NB was open so I had to do the two u-turn trick.

Still looking to move my first pinball machine with a Model S...

@Iz -awesome! What was your rated range before and after balancing? I was down to 201miles prior to the fall. Hard to tell since the cold weather.

Can't wait to try the merrit sc's!

Rated range was 193 after a range charge. After the SC visit it was 206 and probably would have gone to 210 if I had sat there a while longer. I charge at 110 at home, which is < 3.5 miles/hour, so every mile counts.

I can also confirm the northbound charging station is working (northernmost stall). Used it on the way home from the LA-NYC record setting finish (1/2/14)! On the MS60 I saw charging rates as high as 220mph I believe. The photo shows 198mph towards the end of my brief stay.
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

Charged successfully at the northbound service area Sunday morning. Far end charger had power but next one over didn't. I assume one of the other two was also powered but didn't check. Wasn't getting high speed but think it was because the battery was cold, with regen limited to 15. The car was outside overnight and I'd only driven 10 miles. Stayed briefly to check out the minimart and food offerings (Dunkin Donuts and Subway) them proceeded to Milford so the battery would be warm from driving. The Merritt is a great road to drive in the Model S. Looking forward to the Taconic sometime.

e3abymen.jpg

esu6eqep.jpg

Cambridge to NYC is shorter if you take the Merritt. Even with the two U-turns to charge on the northbound side when heading south, it is shorter distance than using I95 to go to Darien or Milford supercharger - not to mention a much nicer drive. There is better food at the I95 stops, but nothing to brag about (McDonalds, Sbarro, Subway...).

Charged this morning at Greenwich northbound. The 2 southernmost chargers are still not working. The 2 furthest chargers are however 1 was iced by an employee who abandoned his car as it wouldn't start! I spoke to another employee who called the owner of the car. Hopefully he will remove it shortly and then never park there again.

I was was able to charge at the furthest north charger but it was partially blocked by snow banks! The way the Superchargers are located puts them at the end of the lot which is good, however the snow gets pushed towards the last spot and need up partially blocking it.

i notified Tesla of the inoperable chargers, the iced spot as well as the partially blocked spot.

one last thing, the employees at the service plaza said that the southbound plaza is now scheduled to open this Tuesday the 11th.

Charged this morning at Greenwich northbound. The 2 southernmost chargers are still not working. The 2 furthest chargers are however 1 was iced by an employee who abandoned his car as it wouldn't start! I spoke to another employee who called the owner of the car. Hopefully he will remove it shortly and then never park there again.

I was was able to charge at the furthest north charger but it was partially blocked by snow banks! The way the Superchargers are located puts them at the end of the lot which is good, however the snow gets pushed towards the last spot and need up partially blocking it.

i notified Tesla of the inoperable chargers, the iced spot as well as the partially blocked spot.

one last thing, the employees at the service plaza said that the southbound plaza is now scheduled to open this Tuesday the 11th.

Sweet, I hope to use it next Saturday on my way to VA!
The long range weather looks good for my trip as well...