Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd imagine it's more likely a question of laibility, not wanting anyone on the property who might, through their own stupidity, injure themselves and then sue. Seems reasonable to me.

The site is not on the old factory property as far as I can tell, it's next to Petco and Yogurt Mountain, and appears to have been regular parking for those locations until construction began. It is adjacent to the outer edge of the parking lot of the old factory.

I hope it was not my great-great grandfather's mill. His site has probably been rebuilt a few times by now. He moved down from Rhode Island to Greenville, SC around 1800 and built a mill. I want a Greenville Supercharger to open so I can close the loop, drive a Tesla to Greenville, Supercharge, and visit great-great granddad's grave. :smile:

I do not think the smiley face means what you think it means....

Came by there last week.

attachment.jpg

We just completed our annual trip from Charleston to Chicago. Grr#@!&^X^Grrr. I bought a CHAdeMO adapter for the Greenville parking garage, monitored it's progress, and widely announced it's availability. Greenville was the ONLY non-Tesla charger we needed. FAIL. Some message was on in an Asian font - Signet no longer provides any service to the unit and the lot Maintenance guy was off on Sunday. All told, we lost 5 hours despite all the planning and dollars spent trying to compensate for a Tesla Supercharger. Arrived in London, KY at close to 1 AM, which of course made driving today so much fun. I would go to court if I was going to be in SC just to give the Obstructionist a piece of my very ticked off mind.

Weapons grade stupidity squared!

We just completed our annual trip from Charleston to Chicago. Grr#@!&^X^Grrr. I bought a CHAdeMO adapter for the Greenville parking garage, monitored it's progress, and widely announced it's availability. Greenville was the ONLY non-Tesla charger we needed. FAIL. Some message was on in an Asian font - Signet no longer provides any service to the unit and the lot Maintenance guy was off on Sunday. All told, we lost 5 hours despite all the planning and dollars spent trying to compensate for a Tesla Supercharger. Arrived in London, KY at close to 1 AM, which of course made driving today so much fun. I would go to court if I was going to be in SC just to give the Obstructionist a piece of my very ticked off mind.

Yep - here's what I got 2 weeks ago (which I posted on plug share):

IMG_0104.jpg

I thought I saw someplace that when a CHAdeMO gets an "Error 13" with "Emergency Stop" it is because the previous person did not disconnect correctly. The fix is to find the red emergency stop button and press then turn, or pull then turn, or something like that. Basically, there should be a button/knob on the machine that will reset it - no need to call anybody about it.

Haven't tried any of that myself so take it all with a grain of salt.

no red button issue

I thought I saw someplace that when a CHAdeMO gets an "Error 13" with "Emergency Stop" it is because the previous person did not disconnect correctly. The fix is to find the red emergency stop button and press then turn, or pull then turn, or something like that. Basically, there should be a button/knob on the machine that will reset it - no need to call anybody about it.

Haven't tried any of that myself so take it all with a grain of salt.

We tried the red button, we called the maker, we called the garage, we clicked our heels together but nothing helped. Whatever was written in the Asian font I'll never know. It is probably fixed by now though.

We just completed our annual trip from Charleston to Chicago. Grr#@!&^X^Grrr. I bought a CHAdeMO adapter for the Greenville parking garage, monitored it's progress, and widely announced it's availability...

As it happens I have learned a lot about CHAdeMO during my two months with my adapter. The Emergency Stop problems happen in the U.S. Almost entirely with Nissan technology chargers, mostly those are clearly labeled NISSAN but some show other brands. The newest ones seem to have no problems but the older ones are extremely sensitive to maintenance and cleaning of the filters, reportedly five of them! Some users have had success by cleaning filters themselves prior to use, according to a post or two. You can find a few threads on this subject here at TMC by searching CHAdeMO. I use mine frequently, but always have a backup level 2 somewhere just in case the CHAdeMO fails. Nissan dealers seem to be cooperative to Tesla owners when they call in advance, and their chargers seem generally well-maintained. I have never tried to use a Nissan dealer myself.

Net I am pleased that I bought mine, but...it is no match for Superchargers, obviously.

Don't forget about the Tesla 80 amp destination charger at the Bleckley Inn in Anderson SC. It is not that far off of 85 and if you take the back roads, it is a pleasant drive. The trip from Charlotte to Atlanta in our 60 would be torture without it. We always plan our trips to Emory University with an overnight stay at the Bleckley Inn, but the owner is happy to see Model S owners any time, day or night.

Don't forget about the Tesla 80 amp destination charger at the Bleckley Inn in Anderson SC. It is not that far off of 85 and if you take the back roads, it is a pleasant drive. The trip from Charlotte to Atlanta in our 60 would be torture without it. We always plan our trips to Emory University with an overnight stay at the Bleckley Inn, but the owner is happy to see Model S owners any time, day or night.

Thanks for the tip. The info about Bleckley says it is for guests only so I wouldn't have thought they'd be ok with a quick charge unless it was urgent. I guess I'd consider giving them a call vs going to a slow motion charger in the future. I appreciate your post.

Thanks for the tip. The info about Bleckley says it is for guests only so I wouldn't have thought they'd be ok with a quick charge unless it was urgent. I guess I'd consider giving them a call vs going to a slow motion charger in the future. I appreciate your post.

I'm guessing that note about guests only is on Tesla's destination charging site. I think that may be a standard default. In speaking with the owner, they have had numerous non-guests charge. Some dine locally, while some have just read the paper in the lobby. On a side note, I have always called any destination charger, whether on the Tesla site or Plug-Share to confirm that it is truly for guests only. I think I only recall one instance when they said I could not charge. However, I do think it is important to support the businesses that support Tesla, and do try to spend money when I can.

I'll go leave a positive review for some places I've charged on google reviews (from google maps). Not to say I've stayed there or eaten there if I haven't, but to say that they are very accommodating to people in general. You could leave a google/yelp/whatever review for them as appreciation for the service.

Doesn't Tesla have "temporary" superchargers? I thought I saw a video of somewhere in Europe where they had a temporary installation they rolled in to particular places. Maybe they should put one in Commerce or in another area in Greenville while they work this out...

Doesn't Tesla have "temporary" superchargers? I thought I saw a video of somewhere in Europe where they had a temporary installation they rolled in to particular places. Maybe they should put one in Commerce or in another area in Greenville while they work this out...

Easier said than done. You have to find a location with an extra 100-150 kW of power available to feed the "mobile" Supercharger. That big conduit coming down from above in this picture is feeding thi "mobile" Supercharger in Park Meadows, CO. These "Mobile" Superchargers are mobile like a mobile home is mobile...

P85D Park Meadows.JPG