Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped here a few weeks ago and regretted it the moment I got to that horrible exit onto that congested road. What the heck is going on over there? It took me a half hour to turn. I will never stop here again. Another location is really needed between greenville and charlotte. I wanted to make it to charlotte from atlanta but it was 40 degrees out so I was worried I wouldn’t make it unless I stopped here.

Reactions: jsight
I stopped here a few weeks ago and regretted it the moment I got to that horrible exit onto that congested road. What the heck is going on over there? It took me a half hour to turn. I will never stop here again. Another location is really needed between greenville and charlotte. I wanted to make it to charlotte from atlanta but it was 40 degrees out so I was worried I wouldn’t make it unless I stopped here.
Next time stop at Piedmont instead. Woodruff Road around the holidays is Greenville's answer to Atlanta traffic. Sorry you had such a bad time. Piedmont is easy on/off with faster chargers. There's Fair Play as well.

I think the one in Gastonia will help to shorten that gap as well.

They're building another one in GVL that should be easier to get to. There's also one planed for Spartanburg. And, as mentioned, the Piedmont one which is very easy access.

This site has been down for a few days now FYI. I drove by earlier today and nothing seemed out of place. I’m guessing just an old, old site that probably needs to be upgraded or decommissioned.
I'm guessing the other supercharger Is still up? At least I hope so.

I wonder if the hotel was getting tired of the constant traffic? It always seemed like an awkward site to use.

I wonder if the hotel was getting tired of the constant traffic? It always seemed like an awkward site to use.
Maybe, but Tesla has an agreement with Hilton. This isn't the only Hilton property with a supercharger. When we travel, we stay at a Hilton property because the hotel has a supercharger. Very convenient to plug in, go eat breakfast, get a full charge, and we're on our way.
Yes, the GVL location is somewhat awkward due to the traffic.

This is one of the OG sites from a decade ago (2015), so the site selection is due to that (Tesla used to put SuC at hotels a lot in the early days). The new one off Haywood Rd is still online, yes.

And as I write this post it is now showing online again in the app...
Ya this used to be a site I'd use on the way to the beach, now I go out of my way to skip it. Not very close to the on/off ramp. Slower speeds. Was definitely an important stop in the early days!

Ya this used to be a site I'd use on the way to the beach, now I go out of my way to skip it. Not very close to the on/off ramp. Slower speeds. Was definitely an important stop in the early days!

As will current locations as they get older and new tech provides quicker and more efficient use of available power by advances in EV car design.