Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Evergreen, AL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Putting the info from the embedded tweet above into here as plaintext, the approximate location is:

Liberty Hill Place
Evergreen, AL 36401

This is just off AL-83, at Exit 96 off I-65, and splits the distance between Montgomery and Mobile. This route segment already has a supercharger site in Greenville AL, but much closer to Montgomery.

Now let's get eyes on the site (or a permit) so that supercharge.info can put a pin on the map :)

Putting the info from the embedded tweet above into here as plaintext, the approximate location is:

Liberty Hill Place
Evergreen, AL 36401

This is just off AL-83, at Exit 96 off I-65, and splits the distance between Montgomery and Mobile. This route segment already has a supercharger site in Greenville AL, but much closer to Montgomery.

Now let's get eyes on the site (or a permit) so that supercharge.info can put a pin on the map :)
Finally got added to supercharge.info.

It a Splitter! 128.3 miles split 94 and 34.5.

Reactions: theothertom
On the Supercharger voting there's an option for Atmore, AL, which is closer to Mobile, AL.
Thanks for mentioning this; I didn't know about the voting site before. I just took a road trip down to Baldwin county and was thinking that Atmore would be a terrific Supercharger location. The new one at Buc-ee's in Robertsdale is great, but out of the way for people traveling north from the Eastern Shore. Atmore would be great for folks arriving on (or departing from) a long road trip to coastal Alabama.

Evergreen is ok too. The SC in Greenville is terrible, so any improvement will help a lot.

Evergreen, AL

Host Type: Mall
Host: Liberty Hill Place
Along Primary Interstates: I-65
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-31, US-84
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-65

To: Greenville, AL (v2) - 34.7 miles
Diversion: 0.9 miles
To: Birmingham, AL (v2) - 165.9 miles

US-31

To: Greenville, AL (v2) - 47.8 miles
Diversion: 3.2 miles
To: Mountain Brook, AL - 178 miles

US-84

To: Valdosta, GA - 250.9 miles
Diversion: 3.2 miles
To: End (I-95 southeast of Midway, GA) - 396.4 miles

Splitter! I-65, 165.9 miles, 94.2 miles from Mobile, AL, 34.7 miles to Greenville, AL.

The closest I came to running out of charge was leaving Foley on a cold Christmas. I just barely made it to Greenville and the charger there is, as we all know, slow and crowded. The Cracker Barrel next door is the worst I've been in.

The problem with diverting through Mobile is that you can't take the downtown bypass, you have to go out to the mall on Airport and then north on 65. Happy to see another choice on I-65 before Montgomery.

My money is on the Pig at AL-83 or Love's at US-84. The Steele, AL supercharger is already at a Love's.
PIG gets it. Anyone check out the south side parking area (near subway) recently?
1667665043982.png

I was the one that took the photo above last Thursday, 11/3. I grew up in Evergreen and was down there for the day and went by to check on the progress. (Sorry that I forgot to post the update here as well!). The Job Foreman with the construction crew was pleased with their progress and was hoping to get the rest of the equipment any day. Attached is a map with the exact location.
Evergreen SC Map.jpg