Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Evergreen, AL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A friend of mine in Evergreen today sent me the attached photo. "Should be" live and ready to charge but it is not on the in-car maps yet. Who will be the first to give it a try?

IMG_0437.jpeg

A friend of mine in Evergreen today sent me the attached photo. "Should be" live and ready to charge but it is not on the in-car maps yet. Who will be the first to give it a try?

View attachment 874984
I was there today- they’re live! Shows up in the mobile app but not on the incar display yet. 🙌🏼 glad to have a location close to home! Hope Pensacola gets one soon!

I didn't realize Love's had partnered with Tesla. I hope this will be more than just a one-off.
There are some Love’s locations that host Tesla chargers. Not my favorite hosts because they cram the chargers into their already limited car (non-18 wheeler) parking area - at least at the two I have visited. Way busy bathrooms and frequent iceing. V2 chargers. Just kind of miserable overall.

Steele AL was one of them - so jam packed into small parking lot which was overflowing and very busy chargers some iced. The other was Three Rivers TX. Chargers were available but small parking area was way overflowing with people parking in non parking areas and things like fifth wheels blocking traffic. Super long wait for small bathroom too.

Last edited:
Thanks for mentioning this; I didn't know about the voting site before. I just took a road trip down to Baldwin county and was thinking that Atmore would be a terrific Supercharger location. The new one at Buc-ee's in Robertsdale is great, but out of the way for people traveling north from the Eastern Shore. Atmore would be great for folks arriving on (or departing from) a long road trip to coastal Alabama.

Evergreen is ok too. The SC in Greenville is terrible, so any improvement will help a lot.
Just curious, what's the issues with Greenville so I will be better informed.

Greenville was V2 and only 6 chargers I think. Before Evergreen and Montgomery, it was the only stop between Mobile and Birmingham, and over the past couple of years it had a habit of being out-of-service at times. However it was recently upgraded to 12 V3 chargers so its probably good-to-go now.

Reactions: Jeff Hudson
Yeah, 1speed said what I was thinking. It was a super busy station since it was the only one in a long stretch of highway. That plus it being only 6 stalls and v2 meant that there was frequently a line and charging was always slow. With the addition of the Evergreen supercharger and the upgrade in Greenville the situation has improved a ton recently.

Greenville was V2 and only 6 chargers I think. Before Evergreen and Montgomery, it was the only stop between Mobile and Birmingham, and over the past couple of years it had a habit of being out-of-service at times. However it was recently upgraded to 12 V3 chargers so its probably good-to-go now.
Wow, had no idea! We used Greenville in July 22 when it was V2. We had stretched all the way from D’Iberville MS, arriving at 9pm and so glad it was in service.

Reactions: Jonathon Alan