Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Design resembles... huh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Understandably a bit off topic. I was driving through my neighborhood the other day and noticed a Nissan dealership undergoing some renovations. The dealership logo sign out front, which I never actually noticed before, bears an uncanny resemblance to.... would you believe.... the Tesla Supercharger?

Please review the pictures and see if you agree with my observations. Could there be a patent infringement case lurking? Interestingly, Nissan recently adopted the Tesla's NACS charging standard beginning next year. Now these two entities will have even more in common.

Attachments

• tesla-supercharger-768x432.jpeg
    tesla-supercharger-768x432.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 30
  • nissan-sign.jpg
    nissan-sign.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 12
Understandably a bit off topic. I was driving through my neighborhood the other day and noticed a Nissan dealership undergoing some renovations. The dealership logo sign out front, which I never actually noticed before, bears an uncanny resemblance to.... would you believe.... the Tesla Supercharger?

Please review the pictures and see if you agree with my observations. Could there be a patent infringement case lurking? Interestingly, Nissan recently adopted the Tesla's NACS charging standard beginning next year. Now these two entities will have even more in common.
You should have seen the 'phallus' structure that Tesla proposed at the unveiling of the Supercharger network.
1705861060916.png

I believe it was supposed to contain a stack of standard 20 kW Model S onboard chargers. There were a couple of less startling designs the debuted in the Supercharger site at the Tesla design center in Hawthorne, CA until they finally came to the relatively simple, fenced-in equipment enclosures with which we've all become familiar.

• Informative
Reactions: mm9351