Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dayton, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
.......only for the route segment between Florida and Chattanooga. From Chattanooga northward, I-75 is useless for IL, MO, IA, WI and MN destinations unless you want a much longer trip.

Once the Lafayette supercharger is in place, most of those area's will have a route to access the I-75 corridor through dayton. Its not a great route, but it would work. Adding in another supercharger between Cincinnati and Indianapolis would allow for a much more direct route from Chicago to the southern part of I-75.

Looks like Dayton and Lexington, KY have been added to the 2014 schedule on the Supercharger page (as if we needed to be told that for Dayton). They were on the 2015 schedule before. This adds to the fact that Chattanooga, TN was added to the "Coming Soon" page. My drive from Atlanta to Detroit is looking a lot easier in the coming months.

Once the Lafayette supercharger is in place, most of those area's will have a route to access the I-75 corridor through dayton. Its not a great route, but it would work. Adding in another supercharger between Cincinnati and Indianapolis would allow for a much more direct route from Chicago to the southern part of I-75.

Nashville will make this much more doable and is actually on the list.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like Dayton and Lexington, KY have been added to the 2014 schedule on the Supercharger page (as if we needed to be told that for Dayton). They were on the 2015 schedule before. This adds to the fact that Chattanooga, TN was added to the "Coming Soon" page. My drive from Atlanta to Detroit is looking a lot easier in the coming months.

Wont you still need something between Chattanooga, and Lexington?

Wont you still need something between Chattanooga, and Lexington?

It's kinda weird but Knoxville,TN is the only I-75 SC that's still on the 2015 map. I can't imagine that Tesla will install Chattanooga, Lexington, & Dayton and not install Knoxville in 2014. But even if that happens, I'll be happy to have the quantity of chargers that they propose for 2014 rather than what we have now.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Tesla broke ground? Also, is the "one Tesla Owner in Englewood" on TMC?

http://englewoodindependent.com/news/home_top-localnews1/50374052/Singer-speaks-at-PINGS-luncheon

Tesla Motors will be installing a charging station at the Meijer store for its electric cars. Tesla has a charging station in Columbus and one in Indianapolis, so the Englewood charging station will be located at the halfway point between those two major cities. Singer noted that someone in Englewood actually owns an electric Tesla car. The charging station at Meijer will be located back by the garden center.

Does anyone know if Tesla broke ground? Also, is the "one Tesla Owner in Englewood" on TMC?

http://englewoodindependent.com/news/home_top-localnews1/50374052/Singer-speaks-at-PINGS-luncheon

Tesla Motors will be installing a charging station at the Meijer store for its electric cars. Tesla has a charging station in Columbus and one in Indianapolis, so the Englewood charging station will be located at the halfway point between those two major cities. Singer noted that someone in Englewood actually owns an electric Tesla car. The charging station at Meijer will be located back by the garden center.

September 17th, 2014 Tesla breaks ground at I70 - Dayton, Ohio Supercharger

Supercharger - Dayton, Ohio.JPG

I seem to always say 'majors' to midwesterners and they immediately correct me to 'meyers' or something. They must hear it pronounced constantly on TV. If you follow 'merikan rules you will fail and be regarded as an alien.

No matter as the Meijer chain loves space and plenty of it. Keep the SCs coming!!
--