Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Database

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm traveling from NorCal to AZ on Dec 27. I plan on using the following Superchargers on the following dates and est times:
Harris Ranch - 12/27 - 8:30 - 9:30 AM
Tejon - 12/27 - 11:30 - 12:30 pm
Barstow - 12/27 - 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm

If anyone out there plans on being at those locations near those times, pm me and we can exchange cell numbers to coordinate enroute. With all the S's being pumped out, I suspect there will start to be demand for SC time.

Hey Napabill,

So I have to say I chuckled when I say your post as I'm sitting 3000 miles away in MD right now. Then I realized, yes! I'm going be at Barstow on the 27th, but I should be there somewhere around 12-2 ish... There shouldn't be any overlap unless we are running late, I'll PM you my cell number just incase!

Peter

I'm traveling from NorCal to AZ on Dec 27. I plan on using the following Superchargers on the following dates and est times:

If anyone out there plans on being at those locations near those times, pm me and we can exchange cell numbers to coordinate enroute. With all the S's being pumped out, I suspect there will start to be demand for SC time.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356017094.289212.jpg

I drove by Tejon last Friday, 12/14 and they were doing work on the Supercharger. I'm sure it's finished by now. Enjoy the drive!

So, how do you get from Califronia to Phoenix? What charger(s) do you use?

So, how do you get from Califronia to Phoenix? What charger(s) do you use?

I plan on taking I-40 from Barstow to Kingman, AZ and spend night at the KOA there. Will do a range charge on their 14-50. Cost is very reasonable at $28 for Kabin and $5 for charge port. It is then a 214 mile drive to the Scottsdale Tesla store where I'll top up for about 2 hours. Then on down to Tucson where our place is. Could've also taken the i-10 route through Blythe, but that involves a lot of time on I-10 with it's 75mph speed limit where I'd be a hazard.

If you search for tesla superchargers, it seems to show any j1772 sites. Open Charge Map : The open, global database of electric vehicle charging locations
does correctly seem to search for superchargers. There seem to be rumors of superchargers elsewhere, but I only see the original 6 in cali.

It defaults to J1772 sites, but if you choose Tesla SuperCharger from the filters on the search results page and search again, you can see what you are looking for:

Recargo

The apps are less clumsy.

I plan on taking I-40 from Barstow to Kingman, AZ and spend night at the KOA there. Will do a range charge on their 14-50. Cost is very reasonable at $28 for Kabin and $5 for charge port. It is then a 214 mile drive to the Scottsdale Tesla store where I'll top up for about 2 hours. Then on down to Tucson where our place is. Could've also taken the i-10 route through Blythe, but that involves a lot of time on I-10 with it's 75mph speed limit where I'd be a hazard.

Thanks for the plan! I love it!!!!!!!! With your explanation, I am going to pick up at the factory and drive to Phoenix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Montgom626 Rolf and Martina in Scottsdale drove their car home from the factory. I did not have time to ask about all their stops but they did not indicate they had any trouble. I am sure that they used the superchargers while in California with only one stop between the last one and Phoenix.

Napabill - There is now a charging location at Picacho Peak. I was there for the dedication and successfully connected to the level 2 charger which gave me 14 kW input. The Picacho Peak charger is at the Bowlin Travel Center on the east side of the freeway. When you get your car to Tucson we should get together and compare notes as we will be the only two south of Phoenix for a long time. I actually live in San Manuel and drive to an office in Tucson about 4 days a week. If interested, you can contact me at my personal address ([email protected]).

Actually, I'm sure they do, but have you confirmed the Scottsdale store has a charger that is accessible easily by the public? If so, where?

I chatted with Jason Bonser, the Scottsdale store manager, and he emailed me...
" I wanted to let you know that we’d love to have you stop by our store on your way to Tucson this December and charge up your Model S on our High Power Wall Connector Charger in the parking garage!

The charger is located in the Green Garage, just West of the Valet Circle, on Level 2!"

And I confirmed they had an adapter for the S.

Napabill - There is now a charging location at Picacho Peak. I was there for the dedication and successfully connected to the level 2 charger which gave me 14 kW input. The Picacho Peak charger is at the Bowlin Travel Center on the east side of the freeway. When you get your car to Tucson we should get together and compare notes as we will be the only two south of Phoenix for a long time. I actually live in San Manuel and drive to an office in Tucson about 4 days a week. If interested, you can contact me at my personal address ([email protected]).

What does it cost for the Picacho Peak charger? Any chargers in Tucson?

Thanks

What does it cost for the Picacho Peak charger? Any chargers in Tucson?

Thanks

In that I live northwest of Tucson on Dove Mountain, and plan on installing a 14-50 I won't have much need for chargers in the area. I have seen that the Bookman chain all have chargers, but not sure of what ilk. Believe it is part of the Blink network. Also there seems to be a lot of charger action around UofA. You use the app Recargo? It's pretty complete.

In that I live northwest of Tucson on Dove Mountain, and plan on installing a 14-50 I won't have much need for chargers in the area. I have seen that the Bookman chain all have chargers, but not sure of what ilk. Believe it is part of the Blink network. Also there seems to be a lot of charger action around UofA. You use the app Recargo? It's pretty complete.

The 14-50 looks like a good choice.

I did not know about Bookman, thank you.

Recargo is a nice app and I do use it. I had not used in awhile until you mentioned it, thanks again.
If you have time, please post your experience with the 14-50 installation, I would like to see how it is done and what you think.

There are 2 Bookman's in the PHX area. One has a single Chargepoint station. The other has 2 Blink stations. All are J1772 and are 240V/30A. They are free. Unlike the other Blinks in the area that are charging, Bookman is keeping them free (which is the station landlord's option to do).

So, I would guess the Bookman's in other cities would be Blink or Chargepoint also.

As for the HPC at the Tesla Scottsdale store, that's cool. I know where that is. I've been asking the Scottsdale Fashion Square mgmt if they would ever get a charge station (as I have a Volt). Good to know there would be one usable for a Tesla there.

The 14-50 looks like a good choice.

I did not know about Bookman, thank you.

Recargo is a nice app and I do use it. I had not used in awhile until you mentioned it, thanks again.
If you have time, please post your experience with the 14-50 installation, I would like to see how it is done and what you think.

Actually what I'm considering doing, being a cheapskate, is to install a 14-50 plug, but use the wires from a 14-30 plug on the other side of the wall in the laundry. That plug, intended for a dryer, is unused.

Actually what I'm considering doing, being a cheapskate, is to install a 14-50 plug, but use the wires from a 14-30 plug on the other side of the wall in the laundry. That plug, intended for a dryer, is unused.

I like it. So, if the power in the 14-50 is really 14-30, no harm no foul, since the Tesla charger will just use the output from the 14-30 even though it is plugeed into a 14-30 line????? Does that make sense???

I like it. So, if the power in the 14-50 is really 14-30, no harm no foul, since the Tesla charger will just use the output from the 14-30 even though it is plugeed into a 14-30 line????? Does that make sense???

That's what I'm told. Then, one day, if I'm feeling flush, I can then just have 50 amp breakers installed and pull wires to the installed plug. But not likely.