Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cheyenne, WY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stayed overnight in Lusk in late June. What a great place - the Covered Wagon (location of the Superchargers and motel). On our trip we stayed at over 22 places and this was by far the best. Outstanding breakfast layout (during Pandemic) and furnishings were top notch with a homey feel.
But for us it wasn't a detour for the SC as we were heading toward Rapid City from Denver and wanted to skirt the corner of Nebraska to say we'd been there. Charged in the morning during breakfast and were off.
Curious if you went to Henry, NE. Eyeballing it, it looks like the most optimal route to get both Nebraska and Lusk on that trip.

Curious if you went to Henry, NE. Eyeballing it, it looks like the most optimal route to get both Nebraska and Lusk on that trip.

This portion of my trip started in Colorado Springs, up Pikes Peak and then on to Lusk for overnight - next morning to Rapid City via Custer, Crazy Horse, Mt Rushmore, Badlands, Wall, then Rapid City for overnight. Closest to Henry was Lingle which is just SE of Laramie where the turn north went to Lusk. Busy 2nd day. The M3 did a lot of dirt roads, but scenic.
Colo Spgs - Rapid City.png

Charged in Cheyenne, Wheatland, Lusk (next morning charge), Custer, Wall. Pikes Peak climb (approx 8,000 ft) only cost 11 miles with regen.

Last edited:
Your net loss going up Pike's peak was only 11 miles?
Yes with regen coming down. I'm guessing 8000 ft climb as I started and finished around 6000 ft at base in Manitou Springs. Sat at entrance for about 1/2 hour for opening, but that didn't use much power - First car out (they only allowed about a dozen due to work up top). Everyone else that day were only allowed partially up and then shuttled by van to the top.

Stopped at this supercharger today. This one takes the prize for most inconvenient to get to, and also for badly implemented. It's late Saturday afternoon, the mall is packed, of course there's a car blocking that last unmarked/unpainted spot. Whoever thought they were done with this one - they're not, we're still waiting for that last spot to be painted/signed.

Reactions: PStewart
I was at the Cheyenne Supercharger last Friday (May 28, 2021), and not only was it down to 2 working stalls, but it didn’t show up as available originally in the nav. When I selected it as my destination, it gave me a red circle with a bar through it and said reduced service.

DB20281F-1DF2-464F-81DA-ACED46884943.jpeg

Attachments

• 82243CA6-5274-4177-9D7C-C3A6BA43554E.jpeg
    82243CA6-5274-4177-9D7C-C3A6BA43554E.jpeg
    927.9 KB · Views: 48