Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charlotte, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Press Release sent out to Charlotte Observer, Charlotte TV stations,and WFAE. Press Conference, Friday, Feb. 6, 11:30 at Charlotte Supercharger. Lunch at McAlisters after Press Conference. Hope you can join us. Thank you to those who have kept us informed on the status of the Charlotte Supercharger. (My Tesla arrives in March. I bet I have not seen two Teslas in the Charlotte area in the past year - except for our Tesla meeting in Cornelius. Since placing my order I see Teslas all the time. Makes waiting very hard.)

10960282_10203727658768171_4974036899678895337_o.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Chris Ayers is getting a list for lunch. See above post for phone#

Tesla owners and enthusiasts, we need to reserve space for lunch at McAlisters on Friday after the Supercharger press conference in Charlotte. Please indicate below if you plan to join us. (No guarantees of any TV coverage but I think we will get some coverage.)

muleferg, I must be in the lucky area of Charlotte. I see a silver one about once a week, a white one about one every two weeks, a black one once a month, and either a Dolphin Gray or silver one about once a month. This last one is usually on a high speed road, so it very well could be the same as the first one and I don't get a chance to get a good look.

I am planning to attend the event even though I have not placed an order yet. Unfortunately, I will be on my lunch break, so I probably won't have time to stay for lunch after the event. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

My fiance and I can probably be there. We were planning on heading that way to see something in IMAX anyway. :) Could bring both Tesla's.

Just curious, where does the information come from that this site will be open Friday?

Press Release sent out to Charlotte Observer, Charlotte TV stations,and WFAE. Press Conference, Friday, Feb. 6, 11:30 at Charlotte Supercharger. Lunch at McAlisters after Press Conference. Hope you can join us. Thank you to those who have kept us informed on the status of the Charlotte Supercharger. (My Tesla arrives in March. I bet I have not seen two Teslas in the Charlotte area in the past year - except for our Tesla meeting in Cornelius. Since placing my order I see Teslas all the time. Makes waiting very hard.)

If the press release is till going out, or if you're ever going to use the text again, you should correct the misspelling of one of the "Teslas." The second to last Tesla in the first paragraph has letters transposed.

Sorry Andy. This was a copy of the post on Facebook. I did not right :biggrin: this. I mean wright,

No need to apologize.

I'm just suggesting that the original author, whomever it may be, may want to correct this before the error is made again. If the post is still up and viewable on Facebook, I'd definitely suggest contacting the author so that it may be corrected.

Posted on Carolina Tesla Owners

Chris Ayers
February 5 at 1:31pm

Press Conference for tomorrow is cancelled. Will be rescheduled. Stay tuned. Awaiting Charlotte Mecklenburg Inspection approval. My guess is press conference will be Tuesday. We will follow the same format/time/lunch, just use different day.

Taken at 6pm today. Stands are covered in plastic, the wood surround of the transformers doesn't look quite finished, and a dumpster and some orange plastic fencing is still at the site.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    950 KB · Views: 442
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 445
I wonder if anyone would be mad if I parked on the Walgreens side to charge? Seems like a decent anti-ICE'ing configuration where some are accessible from both sides in a pinch.

Hopefully they energize them soon. I dont see a utility transformer in these pics... is it there nearby?