Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charlotte, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting... no email here :(

Here's the email that was referred to earlier.

"Thank you for your email. We will be opening our station in Charlotte this week and we are actively working on our site in Greenville. It may be several months before the station in Greenville is ready. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can."

I wonder what the delay has been in Charlotte? And I hope they really are actively working on their site in Greensville. It is not even a grey teardrop on the supercharger map. And what happened to the Commerce GA supercharger that was planned since 2013 and "Coming Soon" last year? The Tanger Outlet Center in Commerce would be an ideal location. They do have several complimentary J1772 chargers there. I ma driving to Atlanta next month and really want to take my Tesla!

I wonder what the delay has been in Charlotte? And I hope they really are actively working on their site in Greensville. It is not even a grey teardrop on the supercharger map. And what happened to the Commerce GA supercharger that was planned since 2013 and "Coming Soon" last year? The Tanger Outlet Center in Commerce would be an ideal location. They do have several complimentary J1772 chargers there. I ma driving to Atlanta next month and really want to take my Tesla!

It's likely the same issue that caused 2 month delays in both MA and FL: the power company. Tesla's contractors are really good at building these things up fast. The power company is usually the bottleneck, since they don't normally drop so much power on a location that is constructed so quickly. You're normally looking at a large building, which takes many months or years to complete construction, so there isn't too much pressure to finish off things quickly.

Factor in that slowness and the weather and that pretty much explains any delays here. But if they've gotten word from the power company that they're going to complete construction soon, then it should be on soon. The fact that the transformer and meter are both there already is a very good sign.

I'm here right now. The construction crew and a fellow from Tesla (with a dealer Model S) are here working on the station. They just got power and are going to be testing today.

If all goes well I'm told it will be up and running "in a few hours." I should still be in the area so I'll stop back in a bit.

20150225_111440.jpg

Deeman

I'm here right now. The construction crew and a fellow from Tesla (with a dealer Model S) are here working on the station. They just got power and are going to be testing today.

If all goes well I'm told it will be up and running "in a few hours." I should still be in the area so I'll stop back in a bit.

View attachment 73298
That's great news, thanks for the update!

Thanks for the update, and nice pic.

With Charlotte, NC almost done, will there ever be progress in Greenville, SC? Greenville, SC is the last site needed to complete I-85.

Interstate 85 - Wikipedia

Thank you (!!) so much for the updates. I'm coming to Charlotte March 28th for the NHRA drag races, and I hope the charger will be up by then (you never know, right?)!!

Woohoo!

I realize it's a stretch for an 85 kWh car, and not quite there for a 60 kWh car, but this does finally make northeast corridor access much more reasonable for people coming from Atlanta. An hour or so stop in Commerce GA or Greenville SC is much more palatable than a SIX hour stop to make the leap to/from Burlington. It was almost a full year ago that Greenville SC first popped up with the permit ...

For the record, here's the Greenville South Carolina thread. Someday perhaps ...

Supercharger - Greenville, SC - Page 25

So, just got home.

6 of 8 stalls were up and running when I left Charlotte. Some finishing touches on the pedestals were being done on the other 2.

Charging was limited to ~80kW while I was there, but that limit would be lifted soon. Charged from 39% to 93% in about 50 minutes, while talking to the gentleman from Tesla who was working on the superchargers.

2015-02-25 16.03.16-1920.jpg

2015-02-25 16.03.32-1920.jpg

2015-02-25 16.03.39-1920.jpg

2015-02-25 16.24.52-1920.jpg

^ Pics to show it happened. ;)

Yellow is my fiance's that we drove to Charlotte today, black is a Tesla loaner P85+ that was being used for testing.

Glad to see it open. I'll probably stop here for a few minutes on occasion when I'm in the area. :)

So, just got home.

6 of 8 stalls were up and running when I left Charlotte. Some finishing touches on the pedestals were being done on the other 2.

Charging was limited to ~80kW while I was there, but that limit would be lifted soon. Charged from 39% to 93% in about 50 minutes, while talking to the gentleman from Tesla who was working on the superchargers.

Yellow is my fiance's that we drove to Charlotte today, black is a Tesla loaner P85+ that was being used for testing.

Glad to see it open. I'll probably stop here for a few minutes on occasion when I'm in the area. :)

Awesome! Thanks for the great SITREPS!